Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training tips- Update!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm trying to begin the process of potty training my DS, who is 28 months old. He has recently shown a small interest in it, asking on average about once a day to go potty.  However, he will not actually go 'on' the potty, he goes immediately after he gets off. So, I know he knows the sensation, but I need tips on how to get him to use the toilet, instead of the floor.  Any tips would be appreciated!

He finally did it! While I was cooking supper, he asked to go potty, so I abandoned dinner and took him. He sat there for probably 10 minutes (by far the longest ever) and then pee'd just a little. We made a big show of it, and when I took him off, he had actually pooped a little too!!!! Granted, he did walk into the dining room and finish peeing, but who cares, lol. Hopefully now he'll continue asking to go and make it happen! I'm so proud.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dustinsmommy74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM

BUMP!

TjsbabiegirljT
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM

BUMP!

bluerose26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:00 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CristyK
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:01 PM

BUMP!

bluerose26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:03 PM
Im tryn to start to potty train my 23 month old daughter. I would also like to know answers to your question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerose26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:05 PM
Also if your a member of the toddlers and preschoolers group it would be best to ask there too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbuck5717
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM

bump!

bluerose26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HayliesMommy17
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM

There is this video called "I gotta go" My daughter watched this video about two times and was potty tranined. And I tried EVERYTHING!

mel600
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM

My mil would put a cherrio in the potty and tell her boys to sink it. and the naked trick works really well. let them run around for a few days with nothing on and they will start to get it. and about ever 15 to 30 mins take them in and have them sit. and there is the reward system with stickers or candy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)