Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

starting my own business! need help with pricing please and opinions please!(piog)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ive been into photo restoration and enhancing for awhile. Well i final getting better at it and thinking about starting a lil part time business. I only have a few example i aloud to share right now but i need help pricing so how much would you pay for enhancing of old pictures and restoring. I want be able to print but i thinking about putting them on a cd for the customer to make as many print as they want.

any and all opinions needed. thank in advance

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
treversmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:05 PM

BUMP!

luvplay
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:07 PM
I am awful at pricing, but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife.and.mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:10 PM

i would check to see what the going rate is by a professional and then reduce it by 50-75%

treversmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:15 PM

thanks. i might check into some.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

i would check to see what the going rate is by a professional and then reduce it by 50-75%

Butterflysky_24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I know even the Walmart photo shop restores old photos so you could see what their prices are

deann66
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM

These pictures are enhanced. Photo restoration refers to the ability to correct damage. Like I had a pic of my exes grandma that had been water damaged. I took it to a restorer and he made it look like new. It cost $50 if I remember correctly for it to be restored and printed to an 8x10 but that was about 15 years ago.

treversmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:56 PM

yes i know that. I have done some before but i dont have permission to post them on here. that why i only have the few examples. 

Quoting deann66:

These pictures are enhanced. Photo restoration refers to the ability to correct damage. Like I had a pic of my exes grandma that had been water damaged. I took it to a restorer and he made it look like new. It cost $50 if I remember correctly for it to be restored and printed to an 8x10 but that was about 15 years ago.

wife.and.mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

i forgot to add that i said reduce it by so much bc you arent yet a professional, and you will drum up more business having a lower price and the more work is more practice which means eventually you can start hiking the prices up

Quoting treversmommy:

thanks. i might check into some.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

dustinsmommy74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:59 PM

BUMP!

Larue09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Before you determine pricing on your products, you should come up with a solid business plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)