Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty mouth kids

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have two boys oldest is 11yrs old and youngest is 2yrs old. My oldest son never said any bad words. My youngest copies everything he hears. EVERYTHING! I have gotten really good at not saying anything I don't want repeated. Everyone else is a potty mouth. My brothers are early 20s and think its funny when they teach him new bad words. I do not have a clue what to do. How do I get him to stop? How do I discipline him? Any advice for my little potty mouth?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tddncw2010
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:43 PM

not sure how to fix it but I sure wouldn't be taking him around the other people till they can learn to watch their mouths around my kid

KGant6285
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM

EEEW  Thats bad, sorry Momma, you got to get your brothers to STOP! Good luck!

redmamaof5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:48 PM

wow irresponsible, i think its trashy when you hear kids say bad words.

BaileynMe
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:51 PM

If you hear him say a particular word, I'd tell him no, that word is yucky and talk about how there are nice words and not nice words, and that we need to make sure we say nice words. I know he's only two but they do listen to what you're saying! Just keep at it and don't make TOO big a deal of it or it'll become an attention thing. 

strawberryLVR
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:55 PM

tell then they are too sweet to use those words, they offend people and make you look like you are not smart. Reassure them that they are smarter then that, and people will be nicer to them if they use nice words. Also they will always have nicer friends if they use good language too. good luck,. just use positive re-inforcement

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)