Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have 2 kids of the same sex.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 56 Replies

When you buy them the same item, do you make them the same color on purpose? Or avoid it on purpose?

There have been times that I chose a color for each, but as my two girls get older, it's an issue. I tend to get the same item, same color. What do you do?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM

i usually get two different colors but sometimes i do get the same. my girls dont care though.

IleanRight
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM

we have 2 boys...Thankfully one likes blue one likes red

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I got them different colors.  This way they'll have clear ownership.

SweetMama823
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I have 3 boys and 1 girl so for my boys if I buy them the same shirt I just get them each all a different color. Little girls look cute dressed the same but na not for boys! *imo*

emilex
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I usually get the same color.  Otherwise it will be some drama.

Spidermonkey531
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:31 PM

We have triplets so I buy everything exactly the same though they do not always wear the same outfit at the same time... some days they want too some they don't, I have them pick out the outfit the night before.

mommawombat

Depends on the item and my mood.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I got them different colors.  This way they'll have clear ownership.

See that's what I thought at first. But since I have since a good  handle on what's in the house, I know where all the toys are. But the LO, Sosie, tends to grab big sisters stuff on purpose to drive her crazy. So I could care less whose is whose, because they are the same. It's eliminated alot of battles, but I wanna get the girls kid-tough cameras fro x-mas and am debating the color thing again. For your exact reasoning. GGR LOL!

Hartbrayka

I get the same color sometimes cause then they'll fight for the color they want. 

Cecilydw
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:32 PM

With like bowls and cups I get the same color so there is no fighting over who gets what color but with personal items like clothes or notebooks, we get different colors (of their choice).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)