Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The strangest thing

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

I have ever eaten was escargo. It was okay. Not all chewy like some people say it is (or can be I guess). If it were on the table and free I'd totally eat it again!

What's the strangest thing YOU'VE ever eaten?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Eel.  In a sushi roll.  It wasn't my favoirite.  I wouldn't eat it again, but it wasn't disgusting or anything.

RubysMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Some people would say Kim chi which is pickled cabbage (it's a Korean dish) but it's not strange to me anymore since I'm been eating it for years now. I also had fried oysters the other day and omg EEWWWW!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mel600
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM

soft shell crab. I love crap. but never again will i eat soft shell crap.

SmallFrey87
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Um dried squid, dried fish, etc....I'm half Korean and my mom always let us have authentic Korean food growing up...I like it. I've also had escargot, horse, dog, and a few other things when I was growing up since we lived all over the world.

P.S. I love kimchi...infact I have some in my fridge at all times lol.

mamatiger18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM

In  Mexico  at a wedding i had Cabrito which is goat cooked in its own blood as a sauce. So good! They won't sell that there at least I don't think so. 

AMCMSM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Cat, dog, buffalo and squirrel. The cat and dog was mixed in and I did not know till I was done. The squirrel was greasy and gross. Buffalo was very good.

Elastigirl818
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM

cow brain

mamatiger18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM

my grandmother eats that whenever we get a cow head which is like every mothers day. She also eats the eyes too!

Quoting Elastigirl818:

cow brain

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:06 AM

i am utterly sickened out by some of the things you guys have eaten.. seriously.. bad

i dunno what the strangest thing i've eaten is.. haven't really had much of a variety i guess, definitely haven't come close to eating any of the stuff that was said lol... but the strangest thing i've ever eaten would probably not be food.. i ate a roach once, i know what you're thinking.. but i'm not talking about the bug. that was a long time ago.

hummingbird86
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:43 AM

BBQed Goat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)