• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rear Facing

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

So today my DD had a Dr apt and they measured her.... She is 37 inches tall... Her seat only goes up to 36 inches tall rear facing so I have to turn her :( It makes me very sad! I almost cried! We can't afford another seat at the moment so she will be facing forward for now! Hopefully we can get a new seat soon! But it still made me very sad! Oh btw she is 27 months old...

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:44 AM

If she has more than 1in of hard shell above her head, she can still be RF. Height limitations aren't set in stone but weight limitations are.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Height is not as set as weight because overall height doesn't matter but its torso height....KWIM?  For example my hubby is 6'7 but has a 34 inch inseam.  I am 6'2 and have a 36 inch inseam.  My torso is way shorter than his cause I am all legs. 

MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM

congrats on getting her so far! 27 months is awesome! I am hoping my son makes it  to 27 months, but he's getting close to the weight limits on his seats (yes seats as in 2! We have one in each car so that we know it is ALWAYS strapped in correctly!)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM

As long as your child's harness is still coming from UNDER her shoulders, and there is AT LEAST 1 inch of shell above her hear, she is fine to RF. Overall heights are a guideline, and generally a bad one at that. What seat do you have mama?

MommyBoha
by Christy on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM

you dont have to turn her. Height is merely a guideline. As long as she has an inch or more of shell above her head, keep her RF.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)