Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare vent, advice needed

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM
  • 10 Replies
My son has only been in daycare for a week and already he's sick. He has some virus thing...no big deal but just enough to keep him out of daycare tomorrow. Which means I have to stay home. How the hell do people do this? What if I couldn't just stay home? Would I just have to lose my job? If your kids are in daycare, what happens with your work if they can't go?
*btw this is a very clean, highly rated daycare.*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandy.B
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM

BUMP!

creneep83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM

BUMP!

DavBryMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 AM
Unfortunately I have been written up by employers when daycare closed (broken a/c in summer in AZ)... not like I could control it. Employers think everyone should have grandparent/aunts/friends/someone to use as a backup. Yeah cause we are all so lucky to have people at our beck and call, yet choose to pay for daycare?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:06 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting DavBryMom:

Unfortunately I have been written up by employers when daycare closed (broken a/c in summer in AZ)... not like I could control it. Employers think everyone should have grandparent/aunts/friends/someone to use as a backup. Yeah cause we are all so lucky to have people at our beck and call, yet choose to pay for daycare?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Look for sick child daycare, usually attached to a children's hospital.  It's fairly expensive for drop in care, but worth it if you need to keep your job.  They typically take all kids infant through elementary school.

DavBryMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 AM
One of my employers had a discount rate avail at one of these. There were still restrictions but great for when child can't go to daycare but isn't so sick that they need mom for comfort

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

Look for sick child daycare, usually attached to a children's hospital.  It's fairly expensive for drop in care, but worth it if you need to keep your job.  They typically take all kids infant through elementary school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Your son probably won't continously be sick. The kids always get sick right in the beginning because suddenly everyone is introduced to eachother & the spread of germs goes quick !

Best of luck, Have you ever thought of going on Sittercity.com & finding someone there as a "back up sitter" ? Their are a lot of stay at home moms with just one kid that would love to be on call back up sitters !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM

That's pretty good advice!

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Your son probably won't continously be sick. The kids always get sick right in the beginning because suddenly everyone is introduced to eachother & the spread of germs goes quick !

Best of luck, Have you ever thought of going on Sittercity.com & finding someone there as a "back up sitter" ? Their are a lot of stay at home moms with just one kid that would love to be on call back up sitters !!!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I have never even heard of this, how wonderful. But then, SD is alot bigger then Eureka.

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

grownsexy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 AM
UNLESS A CHILD IS RUNNING A FEVER ARE HAVE LOOSE BOWELS THEY CAN COME. THEY ALSO CANT HAVE A FEVER. THE CHILDS IMMUNE SYSTEM HAS TO BUILD UP WHEN THEY FIRST START DAYCARE THEY WILL BE ALRIGHT ONCE THEY GET ADJUSTED.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)