Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so frustrated

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
First time living in apts and its crazy! Our AC was workin just fine when we moved until about 3 weeks ago it started leaking according to the maintenance guy, so he said he would call the guy that fixes the AC. Well it never got fixed so we went in last week and told them still nothing, so finally today the guy said he was coming at 4pm well no show so I called the office and she called him and called me back and have me attitude and said he has other calls then ours, I knw he does. Mind you its 107 here everyday! And my 7 month old is teething and gets irritated from the heat she has been just in her diaper at home and at night with our fan on her. I'm going nuts. Well anyways, the guys said he would come another day or latest he would be here is 7pm still no show. I'm getting really angry about this. The coolest it gets at night is 85!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommy2be77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 AM
Sorry for the vent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy1971
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I think you can pro rate your rent and take off whatever each day costs next time you pay them. Or buy a window unit and take that off your rent. Or buy a window unit and use it then return it after your AC gets fixed. With a baby in the house teething its got to be miserable. Good Luck.

Go to Home Depot they will take it back no questions asked

mommy2be77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:20 AM
Thanks!! Taking it off rent would be great! Why pay for it when it doesn't work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myluckycharms
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:48 AM

In some states or areas of certain states it is illegal for an apartment to not have AC. You might want to check you local laws because with weather in the 107 range, your apartment complex could be breaking the law having you wait so long. 

mommy2be77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Wow good to knw!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy1971
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:25 AM

just make the check out for the normal amount minus the prorated rent for the days you had no AC, then attach a letter explaining the amount....tell them you copntacted a lawyer if they press it

mommy2be77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:39 AM
How much do I deduct for 3 weeks of it not working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy1971
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM

take your rent divide it by 30 then multiply that number by the number of days your AC wasnt working

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)