Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It hurts! *venting, sorry*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:52 AM
  • 4 Replies

To make a long story short, my mother is a no-for-good kinda person. basically has told all 4 of her kids to F-off somewhere along the road. 3 of the kids have forgiven her for the umteenth time. I on the other hand have not. 

My issue now is that I miss my mom terribly but I don't understand how I could miss her when she has hurt me soooo bad soooo many times? I just don't understand. I guess I hate seeing posts from friends on FBook about how they are "going shopping with my mom" or "girls night out with my mom". I have NEVER, EVER had any of that with my mom and I really wish I did. 

I know she will never pull her head out of her @$$ but I just wish she would grow up and realize what she has done. My son will never know his grandma for as long as he lives because she wants nothing to do with us basically. I'm just really upset about this lately. I guess maybe I just need a little encouragement that I can live without her and maybe I'm not the only one in the same position as myself. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I am sorry.

It sounds as though you have this idealized picture in your mind about what a mother / daughter relationship should be like.  But they are sometimes not like that. It hurts, but if this is the way it is going to be in your life, then that's the way it is.  Focus onhaving a better mother / child relationship with your children, since you are aware that it can be better. 

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:06 AM
Use it as an example of what not to do with your child. Is your SO/DH's mom is your kid's life? If it were me, from what you described, I'd rather my kid not know a grandparent than have one that treats family like that in their life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianne036
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM
I miss my mom to. Atleast I have a part of me that misses having a mom
She was a discusting person who traded my body for drugs when I was older and neglected me and often left me hungry as a child.
I do not keep contact with her but over the years I have sent annonymos food and paid gas or electric bills when my aunt tells me my mom is with out food or heat in the winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m2bin08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:19 AM

My SO's mom is in my sons life along with my grandmother and my stepmom(to a point). Ive grown up always thinking that i would beyond a doubt give my children everything they deserve and more. I never wanted to be like my mom and i never will. My mom has jumped from guy to guy our whole lives. My mom has met my son but he was so young he wont ever remember who she is or how she acts and Im thankful for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)