• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my sister is gunna lose her baby!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM
  • 19 Replies

My just turned 20 year old sister is pregnant. Before she got pregnant all she would do is party party drink party drink some more and party. Now, the father of the baby has left her (he is a dead beat anyways) she has a part time job and when her parents offered to help her since she was living at their house, she said F-U i dont want your help and moved in with her pregnant friend who also likes to party. She thinks she can raise this kid all her own (more power to her) but all that she ever says is "i can't wait till this kid is out so i can go party and drink". I have this awful feeling that she will lose all rights to that baby as soon as he is born if she keeps up with this behavior. I dont know how to get through to her that this is not the right way to raise a baby. She is turning into a spitting image of our mother. Drunk and cant take care of her own children. Any advice ladies on how i possibly could get through to her? I dont want her to lose my nephew.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaidansmylife
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM
She needs a bitch slap of reality. How you give it to het idk. Short of snatchin her up by her hair and smackin her around a few times I have no advice. I'm sorry mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m2bin08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:10 AM

ive wanted to do that for the longest time even before she got pregnant. but im in az she is in wi. i really dont think she will realize what she is doing until he is taken away from her. then maybe she will wake up. i just dont want it to come to that.

rjsmommy214
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM

hopefully she will learn on her own. its hard to help people when they dont want to be helped. after she has the baby maybe she will realize she doesnt have the time or the money to party and drink.

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:18 AM

i know you dont want to loose the little guy she is carring but it is verry hard to tell some one who dont want to help themself or do what is right. I truly hope it dont come to them taking the baby but you could offer if the baby is taken to take care of him. thats all i have for you . GL

m2bin08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:31 AM

i would love to take the baby if for whatever reason they take him away but i live multiple states away so i dont know if that would be possible.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM

You need to be more worried about what is best for the baby. Your sister sounds irresponsible and stupid(yeah, I said that) So the baby being with someone else is best.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM

It might be possible. We lived in South Carolina when we got taken away from my parents and went to live in Missouri with my grandma for a bit before we went back to living with my parents again. CPS would rather the baby go to family than the system.

Quoting m2bin08:

i would love to take the baby if for whatever reason they take him away but i live multiple states away so i dont know if that would be possible.

A proud Christian, Republican. Supporter of the deportation of ALL illegal immigrants and their anchor babies, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Child Birthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 3 girls and one on the way and wife to my Marine!

Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?

itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

If she gets her child taken away why not take him instead of him going into the system.

AES514
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM
I agree. I doubt anything will happen, but the baby would be better off with good parents.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

You need to be more worried about what is best for the baby. Your sister sounds irresponsible and stupid(yeah, I said that) So the baby being with someone else is best.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klsmom112010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM

sounds like losing her son would be the best thing for her to shape up, and if she doesn't, it would definitely be the best thing for your nephew, unless you want to raise your nephew.   Have you thought about that?  It sounds like your sister isn't interested in raising him, so maybe she should consider giving him up for adoption. There are a lot of adults who can't have kids who have been on adoption lists for years.  You should discuss this with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)