Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About Lingerie (Maybe TMI!)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:45 AM
  • 13 Replies

I asked my hubby if I could go pick out a couple of cute lingerie items for when my hubby comes home...and he said No Way...that it would be a waste of money because it wouldn't stay on long enough to matter...

Should I go ahead and go get some, or should I agree to his terms? 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IloveBilly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Thats what my hubby says too! LOL But I think every woman needs a little lingerie to make them feel sexy! So I went and bought a couple anyways and I didnt hear any complaints and You probally wont either!

mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Go ahead, he will like the surprise. I think it a waste of money but my husband doesn't. given the fact he has not brought a single piece on his own.

kemmerer411
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Go buy em... and if he says anything tell him you just bought "pajamas" lol. Likely he wont be complaining tho!

klsmom112010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I'd just agree to his terms, since you asked him.   I think he has a point too.  It never stays on long and you end up spending a bunch of money on it to wear it for all of two seconds.   Maybe buy a bottle of cheap wine or champagne for the two of you and get someone to watch the kids for the night.  That will still make the night special and your hubby will appreciate it.

Caydesmom328
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Do it! It'll make you feel sexier so in the long run he will love it!!

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

His response sounds like more of a wistful joke than a serious ruling against.  I'd say get one outift that pleases you, and would please him, but also that is comfortable to sleep in, in case it does stay on.  heh.

klsmom112010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Also, I think if you do go out and buy the lingerie, it might cause a fight, because you asked him if you could buy the lingerie and he said no, which would ruin a special night together.

mamacifuni
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM
I would buy it. I've gotten some decently priced items at department stores and target. I tend to put the lingerie back on after we have fun and sleep in it so it's the first thing he sees in the morning and who doesn't like wake up sex?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mom2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Mine says the same thing.

Go to marashel's get a keep outfit!

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Good point.

Stay with something that is at least a bit practical so it isn't going directly against his request.  If there is a financial worry, then a frilly bit of expensive nothing is probably not a good choice. 

Quoting klsmom112010:

Also, I think if you do go out and buy the lingerie, it might cause a fight, because you asked him if you could buy the lingerie and he said no, which would ruin a special night together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)