Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hoping I am pregnant but so confused

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

So back in Aug.  got my period then the day after my period ended DH and I had sex two nights in a row then the next day after that I am pretty sure that I ovulated because I was having some cramps and an increase in discharge (sorry if tmi). Now over the past couple of weeks I have been having nausea on and off, been a lot more emotional, have been having headaches every day, and have been constipated on and off. About a week and a half ago I got what I thought at first was my period but then after it ended wondered if it perhaps could have been implantation bleeding because it came about a week before my period was due, was shorter than my period and lighter in color and flow. Also my breasts usually get sore one to two weeks before I get my period and they never did this time. So i waited until two days after my "missed" period and took a test but it came out negative. The thing is that day I had a frapacino and had peed a bunch of times before I took the test and was just too excited to wait. So could it be that I am pregnant but my urine was just too diluted? I am really hoping I am pregnant so any advice or answers would be very helpful.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CountryGirl0809
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM
just take another test today. it was probably to soon before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Could have been too diluted. Can you wait until tomorrow and take one with your first pee? Or if you can't wait, buy a 2 pack, take one now and the other in the morning. How late are you for the real period?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Test again using first morning urine or holding it for 5 to 6 hours without excessively drinking liquids.  Good luck! This past cycle I was 4 days late on my cycle that normally runs like clockwork.  All sorts of things can through off your cycle.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I took a few boxes of tests before it finally came out positive with this baby. I knew when I ovulated, but had no idea when my period was due since nursing makes them irregular. But I was about 4 1/2 weeks when a HPT finally came back positive, so I went to the Naval Hospital and took their test and sure enough I'm pregnant.

I would go get another test and do it with your first pee of the day. I know you technically don't have to, but I like to. It just may be too early to tell right now.

acbbsmama
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Anythings possible. The only way to know is take another test.

AmandaB10
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Could have been too diluted. Can you wait until tomorrow and take one with your first pee? Or if you can't wait, buy a 2 pack, take one now and the other in the morning. How late are you for the real period?

I have another on at home right now, so I can def take it in the morning...tomorrow I will be one week late for my real period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)