Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is causing problems, please help!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so I know I posted about my mom and what she did with the baby, well I had a conversation with her yesterday which ended up with me walking away from her with Alex and telling her that if she couldn't respect our wishes with OUR child then she is not going to be allowed to see him. Well I came home and told my husband, and he said you know if we split up it is going to be over your mother, I am not loosing my family over her stupid shit, it isn't happening, this family is more important to me, I have worked so hard for it and I'm not just going to give it up for her. But I know she didn't listen to me yesterday and doesn't care that I am doing what is best from my family. What do I have to do to get through to her that I will not have anything to do with her and she will have nothing to do with my son until she shows she can change which I doubt will happen. Sorry kinda a vent and stuff. What do you ladies think? 

I'm a formula feeding, disposable diapering, full-time working, family oriented, 22 year old, college attending, mommy of one precious little boy Alexander Reed(4-18-10)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2LnJ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I would say do that just. Don't have anything to do with her. Don't respond to phone calls, texts, emails, etc.

It's a tough situation, but it sounds like you really need to put your foot down. If talking to her didn't help, then avoid her and maybe she will understand you are truly serious.

Alexsmama41810
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:15 AM

That's what my MIL said, it breaks my heart, because she is my mom and Alex's grandma, I want him to know her and have a relationship with her, but right now that doesn't seem possible 

furbabymum
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM

hmm I'm not sure what your mom did to disrespect your wishes. I wouldn't put up with it though. I've already informed my dh that his family will never be left alone with our child and that I will discipline my child in their house and if they do not like it we just won't see them. Stay strong. If you can limit the role your mom plays in your lives that might work. Go out to lunch or such but never leave her with the baby. Be consistent with your boundries. Don't let it slide. Let her know every time that you won't tolerate it. She will either shape up or you can cut her off knowing you gave it your all.

GabrielRiley
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsmama41810
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Thanks for the advice, I cried so much last night because of this whole thing, I am not loosing my husband and my son because of this stupid stuff 

rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM

My mom has problems respecting my rules as well. I finally had to tell her that if she wants to see my kids, she can only see them at my home. She is no longer allowed to take them anywhere. It sucks, but my kids are more important than her feelings.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)