Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling a little down...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
Does anyone else ever just feel like blah? I'm tired of being ordinary, not feeling very pretty, my skin breaking out, etc. Not tryin to throw a pity party but I just wish ppl would tell my husband "dang! That's ur wife?!" Anyone else feel this way or am I the only one??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinasMom163
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Your not the only one don't feel bad! I just had my first child in July so I still have some weight to loose. Money is tight so I don't have a lot of money to spend on new clothes. I look at what I wear to work everyday and feel so blah. I remember being 19 and making fun of people that wear what I wear now!! lol. Iwish I was rich so I could afford to have nicer clothes and feel better about myself. My boyfriend rarley comments on how I look; what I wouldn't give for him to say, "Wow, you look nice today!"

JessicaMchurch
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Same here I have a 5 month old son and I give up on trying to make myself pretty cause I just don't feel it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystal626rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM

You're not the only one ,but only you can fix it . What do you like to do for you ? Try something new , it's amazing how small things can make you feel so much better . I hope you feel better soon . Good Luck !!!!!

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Quoting crystal626rose:

You're not the only one ,but only you can fix it . What do you like to do for you ? Try something new , it's amazing how small things can make you feel so much better . I hope you feel better soon . Good Luck !!!!!

I agree, try something new. Like a new Haircut or color? A different way to wear makeup. A new outfit!

SSCFan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM

My DD is almost 3yrs and I feel that way all the time.  My DH is a great guy and works so hard so when he is home he is pretty wiped out.  But I would Love him to just look at me and say, "You look very nice today.  The house looks great, babe.  How about we order a pizza instead of you cooking?"  And then the icing on the cake would be when DD goes to sleep and we order a movie PPV and fall asleep trying to watch it.

Oh What a Nice Dream..........

out of bed

Dawn0809
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Thanks ladies...I just wna be the best me for my husband and myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firstimemommy21
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM

omg i feel the same way ! i think of it as a fade though try arranging plans wid friends on a day or night you feel you be up for it that's what i try to do .I hope it helps  ;)

1_Teen_Mom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM
I feel the same way. I use to dress in boy clothes; basketball shorts and a t-shirt but now I try and wear more girly clothes but I don't put on makeup or fix my hair anymore cuz it's just a big waste of time I don't feel pretty! Lately SO keeps telling me I'm sexy but only when he wants to get laid which makes me feel uglier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_Teen_Mom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Same here mama!

Quoting SSCFan:

My DD is almost 3yrs and I feel that way all the time.  My DH is a great guy and works so hard so when he is home he is pretty wiped out.  But I would Love him to just look at me and say, "You look very nice today.  The house looks great, babe.  How about we order a pizza instead of you cooking?"  And then the icing on the cake would be when DD goes to sleep and we order a movie PPV and fall asleep trying to watch it.

Oh What a Nice Dream..........

out of bed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2cool4school
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

You're not alone. last time I felt really good was at one of DH's work conferences YEARS ago... one of his co-workers told him I was hot. lol!!! I felt like the shit that weekend! Can't say I've felt that way since =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)