Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you continue care?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:49 AM
  • 20 Replies

So i found a family on craigslist to do childcare for. She got a full time job and asked if i wanted to be her provider full time so i accepted. She is getting county assistance so i needed to get registered. It takes 6-8 weeks for the application to process. I started watching her kids june 21st 2010. Apparently she assumed that the county was going to cover all of the childcare because she wasnt paying me anything for 14 weeks. I just recieved the papers to fill out my hours on friday of last week. Now she is finding out that she is going to owe me her half of the childcare for a total of 14 weeks which is going to be around 2-3 grand coming from her pocket. She is giving me this whole i have no money i can hardly pay for my stuff at home. So basically im not for sure going to get the whole pay that i am entitled to because she "has no money". I will still get my half from the county but its not as nearly as much as i should be owed. I fed her child, sometimes provided diapers because she forgot them, take her to stores with me and i take her son to football all the time. Now my question is, would you continue care and give her time to come up with the money or would you quit care UNTIL she finds a way to come up with her half?? please dont bash, its an honest question. im just wondering if i should be any nicer then i already have working 14 weeks with no pay or should i stand my ground and tell her no more until i get my money? thanks in advance!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine201
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM

That's a tough one... If it were me I would have to stop caring for the kids if I wasn't going to recieve the correct payment that was agreed on... You seem to be very nice and helpful to her ...but until the county get everything straight..I wouln't do it no more.

englishtigger
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i Care for children as well and to be honest if i was in your situation i would say sorry i cant take care of your child/ren any more,  my reason being is I could not afford to pay for diapers extra food ect, 

No offence but why should you have to pay for someone else's Child and who knows how long the situation would go on for you could be  put out by an awful lot of money,,,, Can YOU afford that.

goodluck with it all, its always so hard when this happens because if you are anything like me you tend to feel for the children more than the parents situation.

jeweldog
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Quoting englishtigger:

i Care for children as well and to be honest if i was in your situation i would say sorry i cant take care of your child/ren any more,  my reason being is I could not afford to pay for diapers extra food ect, 

No offence but why should you have to pay for someone else's Child and who knows how long the situation would go on for you could be  put out by an awful lot of money,,,, Can YOU afford that.

goodluck with it all, its always so hard when this happens because if you are anything like me you tend to feel for the children more than the parents situation.

bow down

Ljensen09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Yeah she is a single mother of two so I do feel bad, but were surviving off my boyfriends income and I have two children of my own. I'm 23 years old and my 24 year old boyfriend is getting mad that she's not paying us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DavBryMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Same here.

Quoting Sunshine201:

That's a tough one... If it were me I would have to stop caring for the kids if I wasn't going to recieve the correct payment that was agreed on... You seem to be very nice and helpful to her ...but until the county get everything straight..I wouln't do it no more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydearwatson
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I work with children, so it would be a hard decision but i would just tell her as nice as you could, that the economy nowadays just isnt what it used to be, and YOU need to provide for yourself and family as well as she does and say you cant watch her children until she comes up with her half of the dough. Good luck.

Ljensen09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

CullenLover
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM

wow 14 weeks of no pay ? I would tell her you will report and tak her to small claims unless she pays you what u are owed, stand your ground and get your money b/c thats too much

Ljensen09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

yeah well i knew it would take a while to process the application and get registered, but she should have been paying her half. her daughter is here between 10-12hrs a day and im charging 6 an hour. so she owes SOOOO much

Quoting CullenLover:

wow 14 weeks of no pay ? I would tell her you will report and tak her to small claims unless she pays you what u are owed, stand your ground and get your money b/c thats too much

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM

No I would not.If you keep taking these kids My guess is she will never pay you. If you have her kids today tell her st pickup you are closed until she can give yyou 1/2 of what she owes. Then you expect the other 1/2 week from today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)