Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so done!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

I woke up and was so sick of being tired all the time, not having energy to play with my son and get housework done... (I was laid off so I'm a SAHM for now and I actually love it).  I was really tired at how I look and feel so I decided that I was going to do something about it. 

My DH and I got a Wii and a Wii fit and I've been working out on it for an hour a day for almost a week.  Let me tell you, not easy but fun!  What I like most about it is that it's like a game but challenging too.  I'm not totally relying on it but it's a good start.  I've already lost 3 1/2 pounds so far and already feel like I've go more energy.  I have a totalof 120 lbs to lose but I'm working on eating less and moving more.  I'll never be a size 6, I've NEVER been below a size 14 but the doctor says that my body is stockier and therefore not able to handle supermodel sizes unless I want to be very sick and have further health problems.  I've added more healthy foods to meals, turn off the TV and get outside more with my son and play.  I not trying to lose it super fast but just want to get healthy at a good pace for me that will keep it off.  I also decided NOT to diet but just watch what I eat and how much.  I've already cut my portions in half and cut out all evening snacking.  When I get the munchies but am not hungry, I do art with my son or put together a puzzles, make jewelery or cross-stitch... or what not. 

Anyway, wish me luck and I'll keep you updated as I reach goals.  MUAH!

Every monumental journey begins with a single step. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Good luck! Thats awesome that you're making these changes.

klespeedy0205
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMOF2154
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Gl. I need to get more active as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Good luck! Way to go on starting it up! 

grownsexy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM
HOOD FOR YOI
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grownsexy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM
HOOD FOR YOI
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grownsexy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Lol I meant good for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM

i just came to this realization myself.... its really bad when your playing with your DS and run 1x around a small 3 bed house adn yoru sweating and out of breath! so i started walking with a very fit friend of mine at least once a week. its nice because she challenges me with hills and its at a faster pace. i have a wii fit... i need to start using it again just to keep me moving. then in a few weeks im moving up to beginner workout videos. ive also lost about 3lbs we can do it!!!! oh ive also started taking womens 1 a day energy. it really dose help a lot! GL we are strong!!

mylilgooberpea
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM

omg where did you get your cleaning and scrubbing poem siggie!!!!!!????!?!?!?! that was my mantra when DS was a newborn. he had a hard time sleeping and to keep myself sane thats what i repeated over and over again!!! So sorry to take over your post... you rock momma!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)