Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How To Find A Photographer?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I want to have a photographer at my wedding so I know I'm getting some nice pics, but I don't want to spend alot of money, very tight budget already.  How do I go about finding someone who is into photography or something like that?  BTW I'm in Lanc PA

Ashley, Momma To Dallas and Wife To Howard

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetkandimom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I would check out craigslist. There's photographers on there sometimes looking to build their portfolio.

vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM

You can try looking on craigslist for photographers that are portrait building. Make sure you look at their porfolio so you know the kind of work they do and definitely make sure you read and sign a contract!

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

MinnickBabyMama
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Where are you having it in PA, though you are in Lancaster? I am a photographer myself but up in Columbia county but do know a bunch of photographers around the state? Also what is your budget for pictures? I can try to find you a photographer around the area that can help you

Kimberly954
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I would pay for a professional! This is one thing you keep FOREVER! Dont skimp on this!! The food, drinks, flowers....no one will remember those. But photos are forever. Google photographers in your area, look at their websites to see what style of photography you like, and email them about a price quote. A lot of them will work within a budget. Its MUCH cheaper to get a photographer who will just give you a disk of the photos rather than giving you actual photos and then print what you want. I uploaded all mine into Shutterfly and then made a wedding album online myself.

arianaxangel23
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM

We are having the wedding in Middletown PA.  Our budget is like 100 for photos.

piwife
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Hun for that lil money you are not going to find a professional. Now if you want a beginner or someone who has is trying to build a porfolio maybe. A good wedding photographer will charge around 500 if not more.

Quoting arianaxangel23:

We are having the wedding in Middletown PA.  Our budget is like 100 for photos.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

yeah, i would cut costs everywhere EXCEPT with the photog...mine was the VERY first thing we booked, cause i knew i wanted awesome pics..everything else got budgeted

that being said, check out 'theknot.com' they will have listings for photographers in your area, and sometimes, if yuo go through that site, there wil be a discount

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Check out Agnes nuesse,pretty sure she will do ur area. She did our wedding and it was an hour from u. She did a great job and was the least expensive I could find. Let me know if you have questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Check and see if there are any wedding expos in your area. That's how we found ours. I know a couple of really good photographers who live here in CO, but I'm not sure what their pricing is.

The first one is Tammie Thessing, www.tammiethessing.com , and she's been doing this for a while. She's very talented and she travels all over; like I said, I don't know what her pricing is. 

The second one is Sarah Saiz,  www.sarahsaizphotography.com , and she hasn't been doing this for as long as Tammie but she's got a lot of talent. I DON'T know if she travels though. She has pricing info on her site. I went to college with her and she's a real sweetheart of a woman. 

PhotoBella
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:45 PM

To be honest with you, for 100 your not going to find a professional. At the end of your wedding day, all your going to have left is the pictures (and your dress), so I'd honestly try to re-work the budget and see if you can find money to put toward the photographer, or ask family to help out . Its very worth it to pay for a pro to come out. You can try googling photogs in your area or check cl. See what the packages come with, and thier rates, and be sure to check thier portfolio. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)