Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: If your child was invited to a (4th) Birthday party, and the invitations stated no presents please just come...(not those exact words) Would it matter?

Options:

yes, I would probably take my child if I didn't have to buy a present

no, I like buying gifts

other...explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

My son is in Pre-K and I am inviting the ten other children is his class. The party is at our local YMCA. I would really like some of his friends to attend, so I asked for the child's presence, no presents. I know some people might be a little strapped for cash, my son rather have friends to play with than toys. Thoughts, please. Thanks.

My name is Stacey , I am 35. Mother to my Miracle PCOS son Shawn JR ,  Still in love with Shawn Sr. after 17 years , Licensed Cosmetologist , Notary & Property and Casualty Agent , Scorpio , Honest , Loving , Genuine.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trist22
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that.. If someone brings a present then that would be their choice. I read somewhere in an etiquette book that you actually are NOT supposed to open presents at the party in front of everyone and that presents really aren't a requirement.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

That is very considerate of you. I would take my child regardless.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM

If you asked for no gifts just come and have fun! I'd be happy too! (I'd probably leave a gift too if I could afford it.)

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I think it's a great idea.  I've heard of kids asking that in lieu of gifts people make a donation to a charity.  The only thing I would worry about is some people would bring a gift regardless and make the others feel awkward.  Can you make it REALLY clear they are not to bring gifts?

canthaveboys1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

That is very considerate of you. I would take my child regardless.

CjEmmemommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I would take my kid either way... Its fun when they are being invited to things.

Erica

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

That sounds very considerate of you.  You obviously know what the important part is, the friends and not the presents :)  That said, if I got an invitation like this, my child would go, and I would probably bring a small gift anyways....

mamamisty249
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I think that's a great idea!  I am the kind of person who hates to go anywhere empty handed though so I would at least slip a gift card inside a card and give it to you on the down low or something.  LOL

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I think it is very nice.

We have done on that on inviations to kids friends before too. We would say NO gifts please , your presence is your present.  : D

ShawnsMom31
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Thanks so much Mommies, your input is appreciated :)

My name is Stacey , I am 35. Mother to my Miracle PCOS son Shawn JR ,  Still in love with Shawn Sr. after 17 years , Licensed Cosmetologist , Notary & Property and Casualty Agent , Scorpio , Honest , Loving , Genuine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)