Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess it's time to call the lawyer

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 75 Replies
I knew it was going to come down to this. Honestly I just need someone to calm me down. I'm pregnant and really worked up.
My ex got me pregnant when I was 16 he got some other girl pregnant too. She was 13. He was 19 so he got charged with statutory rape and he's a registered sex offender. I had an attorney draw up an agreement after DD was born. The agreement states that I will be granted full legal and physical custody and that my ex will get supervised and limited visitation up to 3 times a week. With a 48hr notice. Also that he will pay $200 a month for CS. He wanted nothing to do with her for the first 6 yrs and then once a yr was enough for him. Until about 7 months ago and then he wanted visits monthly which I allowed to happen. He never calls her just shoots me a text when he's coming. Now he says when he gets the money he wants to take me to court to redue the agreement and have he on weekends. He's living with the girl that he "statutory raped" and her kids. I'm remarried my husband was going to adopt dd but then all this shit with my ex saying I wanna be a dad came up and so I made him start to actually pay. It's a total mess. I'm waiting for attorneys to call me back. I am just scared!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I think it's awful that people take away as many rights as they can, because the guy is a registered sex offender only for having consensual sex with a teenager (you being one of them).

sweettigeress
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Just have your DH adopt her. If your ex hasn't started up the case yet you should hurry before he does.

suark
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Depending on your states laws he may not be able to be around her unsupervised since he is a registered sex offender. He may also be violating his probation by being with the girl he was convicted of raping.  You can call his probation officer if he is still on probation and find out what his restrictions are. Also even if he is not currently on probation you can call the Sheriffs office and find out what his restrictions are as a convicted sex offender.

good luck.

CullenLover
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM

he would have to pay all cs and stay current and there is no way he would get weekend etc,

suark
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I think it's awful that people take away as many rights as they can, because the guy is a registered sex offender only for having consensual sex with a teenager (you being one of them).

He had sex with and got a 13 year old girl pregnant....there is no excuse for that. Its against the law. A 13 year old can not have consensual sex. period.

amys927
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Child custody laws are hard. You cannot keep your kids from seeing their dad if he hasn't paid child support. It specifically states that in the ORS orders. I understand what you are saying. Its really annoying that all of the sudden he thinks he can barge into your lives. Another sad point your husband cannot adopt without your ex's rights given up. From the sounds of things it doesn't sound like he will sign his rights over. I have thought about divorce myself we just jumped into everything. Stupid I know. You don't have to get married, because you are pregnant. But I couldn't stand time away from my son. So I am going to try to make it work. Write down all your questions for your attorney you can also look up laws about child custody on the internet. I feel bad you have to go through this.

momofSkyeNShy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM
He's been off probation for a yr. She says she lied to him but honestly I don't know if she lied or not. Or if it even matters cuz when him and I were dating his friends use to make comments to me like well ur not 12 and stuff. It was the way they said those things that gets to me. I didn't think anything of it until after the other girl got knocked up too.

Quoting suark:

Quoting lanceandhailey:

He had sex with and got a 13 year old girl pregnant....there is no excuse for that. Its against the law. A 13 year old can not have consensual sex. period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Yep. Time to get a lawyer. I don't think you have anything to fear, mama, with him being a registered sex offender, but it can't hurt to have a professional help you through the hurdles. 

jillg24
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I am sorry your having to go through all of this I hope he will be satisfied with supervised visitation as soon as he realizes you are going to fight this. The fact that he is a sex offender isn't the only issue...he was also not in her life for a while & that was his choice.

lovinmommy0f3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I think I'm missing some info.  I understand that it's frustrating him coming back and wanting to be a part of your daughters life after all this time.  But....is he showing signs of bad behaviour, being an ass...or is he just trying to do the right thing now and be a dad?  How does your daughter react being around him?  I only ask because I believe if at all posiible a child should know and be able to have a relatonship with both parents.  I wasn't able to have a relatonship with my dad growing up.  He tried when I was an adult but I let "hear say" and other things get in the way and I regret it sooooo much now.  My dad passed away 2 years ago and I wish for so many things now.  If it's possible for him to have a relationship with your child, unless he's doing something hurtful and damaging.....then allow him to have a relationship with her.  You will all be happier in the end.  Good luck sweetie!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)