Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Have Any Ground Beef Recipes? I'm Fresh Out of Ideas

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm sick of spaghetti, chili, sloppy joes, meatloaf, and hamburgers.  Does anyone have anything kind of interesting that they do with their ground beef?  I have a pretty stocked pantry, so it'd be easy to throw just about anything together.  Thanks.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental-flavored ramen noodles
  • 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
  • 2 cups water
  • 4 to 5 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions

Directions

• In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in contents of one noodle seasoning packet; set aside and keep warm.
  • Break the noodles; place in a large saucepan. Add the contents of second seasoning packet, vegetables, water, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in beef and onions. Yield: 4-6 servings.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I make home made hamburger helper.  I cook the ground meat with an onion, and a couple cloves of garlic, mushroom, salt and pepper and curry powder.  Then I add some cooked pasta and a can of cream of mushroom soup.  Its yummy! 

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM

You could do a shepherds pie too.  I do cooked ground meat with onion and garlic then I put it in a casserole pan with a layer of frozen peas, then top that with mashed potato and some grated cheese on top. 

LSurvivor78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I like to make pot luck... LOL... I will take noodles (like the flavored noodles).. cook up and drain the ground beef and add it into the noodles and then I will add in veggies (corn, pea's, mixed veggies.. whatever I have on hand).. and wha-la... quick, simple dinner. LOL

I even make this concoction and add spinach in and my kids love it, lol..

Kim.Gage
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM

This is going to sound weird I know but trust me it is awesome.  A friends mom used to make this for us in high school when I slept over at her house.  She called it pizza scoop.

2 pkgs of cream cheese

1 lb of ground beef

1/4 c taco seasoning

8 oz colby/monterey jack cheese shredded

Directions on a cookie sheet or pizza pan place both pkgs of cream cheese, put in the oven at 350 to soften for approx 10 minutes.  cook beef, drain and add 2/3 c water and 1/4 c taco season simmer for 10 minutes.  Take cream cheese out of the oven and spread all over the cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Spoon seasoned beef all over the cream cheese and top with the shredded cheese.  put back in the oven until cheese is melted.  serve with tortilla chips.

kerijeanbean
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Tacos.  Get a packet of taco seasoning and mix it up add all the fixings.  With the taco seasoning you can then make tacos, burritos, or nachos. 

Luv.My.Soldier
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM
I take a pound of ground beef, form into 4 patties, place in casserole dish and sprinkle with whatever spices I want. Then mix up two packets of brown gravy but DON'T COOK IT. Just pour over the patties. Bake in oven at 375 until done. U can change it up and add diff things like mushrooms or onions. My hubby LOVES it and its so simple. Not a real fancy meal but I'm all about quick, easy, inexpensive meals!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM
make out hamburger patties and put them in a large pan. add potatoes, carrots, onion, dell sauce. i sometimes add shredded cheese in the hamburger patties. cover in tin foil and cook on 350 for hour and a half. this is my husbands favorite dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzyPookey1248
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM
bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM

That sounds really good to me

Quoting Kim.Gage:

This is going to sound weird I know but trust me it is awesome.  A friends mom used to make this for us in high school when I slept over at her house.  She called it pizza scoop.

2 pkgs of cream cheese

1 lb of ground beef

1/4 c taco seasoning

8 oz colby/monterey jack cheese shredded

Directions on a cookie sheet or pizza pan place both pkgs of cream cheese, put in the oven at 350 to soften for approx 10 minutes.  cook beef, drain and add 2/3 c water and 1/4 c taco season simmer for 10 minutes.  Take cream cheese out of the oven and spread all over the cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Spoon seasoned beef all over the cream cheese and top with the shredded cheese.  put back in the oven until cheese is melted.  serve with tortilla chips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)