Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Importing Digital Pics to Computer Problem - HELP!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

paparazzitypingshooting photo

I really need advice asap!

1. For some reason on our laptops if we plug our digital cameras in to import pics, NOTHING pops up so we can click to import them, nothing happens. We don't have a pic program on them I guess and I dont know what I should have (cheap or free just to be able to import and save and email pics is all I need).

2. On the kids desktop it DID work if we put the memory card in at FIRST but now it says the trial is up that apparently just came with the computer BUT to order it, its $69 and its based in the U.K. and I would rather not use my card for out of country transactions. (also I really only need basic free or cheap if anyone knows of any?)

I would prefer it be something I can download free or reasonably priced online from this country.

It is very important that when I plug in the memory card or cord that it will automatically pop up so I can click to import.

HELP???? THANK YOU

Yvonne

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM

bump

BaileynMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

That's weird that it didn't come with even a basic program. Have you tried looking in the My Computer menu to see what devices are attached to your computer? You may be able to copy and paste them from your camera into a folder on your computer even without editing software. 

BaileynMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbasedwin/tp/freephotoedw.htm

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM

are u using a memory card or a cord?

It might be something as simple as plugging the cord into the wrong port. Your computer probably has more than one port you can plug it into. However on mine even though the plug fits into several ports, only ONE is the right port.

If u are sure it's the right port, make sure the cord is not kinked AT ALL. My cord has to be completely straight in order for it to work.

I just have Paint on my computer and Windows Picture Viewer, but to my knowlege it does not use those to open the pics from my computer. The only thing that happens is a box pops up with all my pics on it and I can uncheck or check which ones I want to put on my computer.

If all else fails there are computer forums here with computer experts that might help you.

CafeMom Tickers
rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I use Picasa by Google. LOVE IT.  It's by far the best program I've ever used. You just have to plug in your camera, go into the program, and import the photos. Just google it, and it'll come right up.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH I WILL TRY THAT

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I use Picasa by Google. LOVE IT.  It's by far the best program I've ever used. You just have to plug in your camera, go into the program, and import the photos. Just google it, and it'll come right up.

Yvonne

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Yes I am 100%  positive everything was hooked up right and there were no kinks etc.  I used the memory card on the desktop and it worked fine until the trial ran out.

I use the cord on the laptops and that worked only until Kodak Easyshare wanted to start charging me monthly which pissed me off.

Quoting carterscutie85:

It might be something as simple as plugging the cord into the wrong port. Your computer probably has more than one port you can plug it into. However on mine even though the plug fits into several ports, only ONE is the right port.

If u are sure it's the right port, make sure the cord is not kinked AT ALL. My cord has to be completely straight in order for it to work.

I just have Paint on my computer and Windows Picture Viewer, but to my knowlege it does not use those to open the pics from my computer. The only thing that happens is a box pops up with all my pics on it and I can uncheck or check which ones I want to put on my computer.

If all else fails there are computer forums here with computer experts that might help you.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM

My camera is a Kodak Easyshare z series and it came with a disk too but it was for kodak easyshares site and after about a month of using it then they said to keep importing and saving my pictures I would have to start to pay a MONTHLY FEE!!! I was pissed.

I wouldnt mind paying a one time fee but sheesh

Yvonne

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I have a Kodak Easyshare that came with a disk as well. I NEVER used the disk. I always just used my USB cord and put the pics directly onto my computer.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Yes I am 100%  positive everything was hooked up right and there were no kinks etc.  I used the memory card on the desktop and it worked fine until the trial ran out.

I use the cord on the laptops and that worked only until Kodak Easyshare wanted to start charging me monthly which pissed me off.

Quoting carterscutie85:

CafeMom Tickers
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

frustratedI tried the picasa and when I opened it to see if I could import my pics all it does is go really super fast looking up all the tons of pics already on my computer and I cant seem to get it to do anything else like import the new one off my camera. Aghhh What am I doing wrong? I dont even see an import button on there?

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Yvonne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)