Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age do you stop your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM
  • 28 Replies

From Trick or treating?

I see a lot of older teens (probably some over 18 even) out running around getting candy.. some not dressed at all, just going around with a bag.

Its fun for the younger ones and I think the older kids should give it a rest, lol..

What age do you or will you let your children continue to go trick or treating?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

As long as my kids are dressed up, they can go. I'd rather them going to get candy than smashing pumpkins, harassing kids, getting drunk at a party.

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (8y)         Rocco (5y)         Joey (2y) 

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her tattoos, piercings and hair dye

teachmichele825
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Our community puts an age limit of 13 on Trick-Or-Treating....14 and older, they have a halloween bash at our community center.

PeaceMuch
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I agree! I think about 16 when I stopped. :P Not sure when for my kids though. Whenever they get bored of it?

Quoting ChazznRoccosmom:

As long as my kids are dressed up, they can go. I'd rather them going to get candy than smashing pumpkins, harassing kids, getting drunk at a party.

LSurvivor78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM

thats cool about the bash for the older kids.. but I would be hesitant to drop off my son, lol.. He is 13, will be 14 in january .. I am not sure when he should stop going door to door and just hang out with me and walk around for the 2 hours..lol

Quoting teachmichele825:

Our community puts an age limit of 13 on Trick-Or-Treating....14 and older, they have a halloween bash at our community center.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I would make them stop at 13 unless they were taking younger siblings. I always took my little brothers and sisters, but wasn't aloud to actually get candy or anything at 13.

mabelrose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Quoting teachmichele825:

wife_army_mommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM

i was forced to stop at 14...my parents said it was like stealing from little kids..stupid in my book. im thinkin about as long as she wants to and is dressed up..i dont see a problem with it.

canthaveboys1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM

My 11 year old wants to dress up so she can take my youngest around. The baby will be a spider, and my oldest wants to be miss muffit! She doesnt want to get candy for herself though.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I say 13. Then I will let him have a small party with a few freinds at home. Thankfully I have a good 8 more years to go. I think it is odd to see older teens trick or treat.

ECMOM970
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM

My son is 14 and he is not sure he is going to go out this year...however I am fine with it ... I do not give candy to adults and they do come to my door but they get nothing from me...I think it is fine to do until about 16, 17, 18....I mean the candy thing is for the younger ones and the parties are for the older ones!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)