Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bigfoot toy...advice

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son's 5th birthday is in October.  Every commercial he sees on tv, he just HAS to have that toy, so its hard to remember all the things. He keeps going back to the Bigfoot toy with the remote but the thing is $100!!  Its really hard for me to imagine spending so much on one toy that may break or just not end up being played with after the first week. Has anyone else bought one?  Or do you know of anyone that has one?  Has it kept the child entertained? 

Also, we just recently moved from New York to Michigan.  I am surprising him by taking him to New  York for his birthday to be with family, and people are flying in from other states. Should I bring his presents with us, or just leave the gifts from me at home, and then he can open them before we leave or when we get back?  He will have lots of gifts from family and his father in New York, so I'm not really worried about the amount of gifts, though may have too many to bring back. We will be driving.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cindy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM

BUMP!

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I would let him open his gifts before you leave and let him pick a couple to take but leave the majority at home.

IDK, my son wants that big foot as well but he's not getting it.  I prefer toys that require more imaginative play and he seems to play longer with them.

They have displays set up at Target.  Has he seen the real thing?  IDK about these commercials but I know a lot tend to exagerate.

sweettigeress
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I wouldn't waste my money on that, but that's just me. 

Cindy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

He has seen the toy in the demo at stores, so thats why he first wanted it then they started showing the commercials. I usually don't spend a lot of one gift, usually one big gift and a lot of little things. I usually try to be the one that gets him the educational things since everyone gets him toys, but I know that nobody will go that high on a toy. Was thinking about a kids laptop but he didn't really seem that interested. I already told him there was a possibility he wouldn't be getting it and he seemed really disappointed.  He's been through a lot this year with moving out of state and leaving everyone that he knows and switching schools, that I almost feel guilted into getting it for him.

Seans_mommy123
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM

My DS got Spike the Dinosaur. He gets played with every so often. We got him on a super sale last year before Christmas and he played with him for about a week after Christmas and then once in a while. Since we moved into our new house (our stuff was in storage for 3 months) and unpacked it it's been played with quite a bit. I honestly wouldn't spend the money on it. I've fine something else he "has" to have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)