Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever realized too late that a breakup was wrong?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 3 1/2 yrs and durring the last 18 months I can't help but think it was a HUGE mistake. to make a long story short we basically divorced because of my mom and her controlling ways with me and my children. We had a new house, a nice life and 2 beautiful babies.....now, whenever i look back I feel stupid for leaving and wish I could turn back the clock, then I push the thought out of my head and tell myself I'm stupid for thinking that....am I alone?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I have never left my dh. Thought about it once when we were going through a HORRIBLE time. But we worked it out together and now I am so happy I did not make that descision. ::hugs::

mcalpinmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM
no, ur not. i know a lot of ppl think like that. especially if the break uo wasnt over not loving each other ne more. r u and ur ex still on good terms? if so tell him how u have been feeling, u never know maybe he feels the same way. its never to late. and if things work u will just have to tell ur mom to back off, if u havent already. GOOD LUCK!!!
MontanaDestiny
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM

We have always been on good terms. we talk every day and we are really good friends. I've been dating, he dates...but its not the same. we sometimes even "flirt" and stuff. It still gives me butterflies.....every tuesday we take out daughter to soccer and chat.....liek old times :( no, I havent told him how I feel...I'm worried about that.....

Quoting mcalpinmom:

no, ur not. i know a lot of ppl think like that. especially if the break uo wasnt over not loving each other ne more. r u and ur ex still on good terms? if so tell him how u have been feeling, u never know maybe he feels the same way. its never to late. and if things work u will just have to tell ur mom to back off, if u havent already. GOOD LUCK!!!

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I think a lot of people get divorced without really thinking through the long-term consequences . . . it's sad.  I know my parents did.

MontanaDestiny
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I was only 18 when we got married and we were married for 5 1/2 yrs. My mom just kept nailing it into my head that I was too young and it wasnt "worth" it and that I could do better etc....and finally it brain washed me.....and now, I wish I could have just stood up for myself and my marriage

ArmyWifeMamaRN
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Oh yea, I mean I love my life now but I can't help but thinking at times if I would be better off with my ex. HOWEVER, life is full of choices and "what if's".

chrissy8907
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM
Weird you posted this i just ended my relationship and basically because i felt suffercated he was wonderful never treated me badly or anything he was great. Im scared because idk if i ended because i never want to be with him or because i just needed me time :/ and i can related very much my mom is very controlling and she is much happier when i am alone then when i was with my ex :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alc030
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Talk to him about it! Maybe he feels the same way :)

kremmels
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Your not alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan479
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

not here, i think i should have broken up with my ex long before i did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)