• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Need advice ASAP!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

im 25 yrs old with my 3rd child on the way and im 500% sure i dont want anymore...im scheduled for a tubal ligation but have just started reading about post tubal ligation syndrome my dr says it safe and who kows what but other women that have had it done are telling me to look at other optionds for birth control.  what is the best birth control option i can get besides tubal or pills, which are the cause of me being prengant in the 1st place?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ljh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I have mirena; its an IUD.  I have no side effects from it and am going on 3 years with it.  It is as effective as a tubal ligation and can stay in place for up to 5 years.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I know others will disagree with me and that is fine, but I am just sharing my opinion like they will theirs.

A LOT of woman who get tubal ligations have no problems at all afterwards. Just saying.

Other than that I would probably pick your favorite birth control method for yourself AND use condoms additionally besides that so you have a double approach.

Your husband could get a vasectomy too, that procedure is easier than a tubal and is done right in the dr.s office. I watched my husband get his andhe laughed thru the whole thing I swear. Mostly bc he was nervous but still  and he was sore for a day and then he was chasing me aroudn already lol

Even surgery is not 100%

Yvonne

xxlilmomma09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Research Essure. It is a permanent birth control option that requires no surgery.

OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I got the same scary stories from women before I had my tubal. Every woman is different and not all have complications ya know? You just gotta weight the good and the bad and decide if you want it bad enough depite all that. I was willing to risk all the bad and I got it done a month ago. It was a fast procedure and the recovery was not bad at all. I dont have any negative after effects and am really glad i did it. Good luck, I hope you can make the right decision for you.

ashleydjgc
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I would try the mirena

piwife
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:42 PM

if you do decide to go with  tubual rememember some woma have gotten pregnant after them is very very rare but not impossible

sunshine06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I learned a long time ago that if I listened to everyone's opinion about everything it only made my decision harder.  There are no 2 people who are going to tell you the same thing.  By the end of this post you will have Lord knows how many "best choices for you to make".  Talk to your Dr.  He knows your history.  He knows more about birth control than your bff or your aunts and cousins (or people on the internet).  You already know what doesn't work for you.  Start there.

bncth
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM
I am going to be 32 on saturday and i have my tubes tied and i only have 2 kids.. Everyone told me the same thing ur still young, are u sure thus is what u want to do, try to use birth controll first..But now i some times sit and think how it would be if i had one more maybe a boy since i have 2 girls that are 13 years apart..But i know i did the right thing getting my tube tied..and if i had to do it again i still will have them done..Good Luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyHurt
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I can't believe you found a doc who with give you a tubal being only 25!!!

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Quoting earthangel1967:

I know others will disagree with me and that is fine, but I am just sharing my opinion like they will theirs.

A LOT of woman who get tubal ligations have no problems at all afterwards. Just saying.

Other than that I would probably pick your favorite birth control method for yourself AND use condoms additionally besides that so you have a double approach.

Your husband could get a vasectomy too, that procedure is easier than a tubal and is done right in the dr.s office. I watched my husband get his andhe laughed thru the whole thing I swear. Mostly bc he was nervous but still  and he was sore for a day and then he was chasing me aroudn already lol

Even surgery is not 100%

i agree.. i don't understand why anyone would ever disagree with you.. you always have a very helpful and intelligent response.. 

do you mind if i ask how much the vasectomy cost for your husband?

OP: i am going to be asking about the nuva ring. i need to switch birth controls soon as well.. one too many scares, i'm on a very low dose pill, that if you take even a few minutes late you could get preggo.. s'scary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)