• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Should I Do? Please, Any Advice!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay there is this couple me and my hubby know through Marines.  They are both pretty crappy people, and they are both "one uppers."  We met another duty station, and they moved here, then two years later, we moved here.  We didn't want to really get in contact with them, but, when our husbands had to be taken to the airport, they wanted us to ride with them, and I was hesistant...but, we ended up doing it. 

It hasn't been terrible...but, my husband really doesn't want me to hang out with her, but I completely understand why.  She likes to break up marriages, she likes to get into people's personal business, and mix it all around, and tell their significant other, what her mind has decided it was supposed to be...

So the day we took them to the bus station, she invited me over for dinner, no big deal...but like I said she is always a one upper.  She tries to make her life sound so great, compared to others, and that means putting others down...

She does put us down...

And now she wants me to come over and help her with her house (they are moving and they need to get their house ready for sell), so she needs me to come over and help...and my husband doesn't want me to go over there, because he said that her husband said since she is making me dinner, that it would only be fair if we came to help them when they moved...when we moved in we got only help from his brother...and my husband just tells me that they are both like that...if you help them with anything, they feel like you should always be there to help them...

We have also seen where she is trying to get me and my husband mad at each other...

Should I continue to talk to her, and hang out with her, or should I just kind of blow off hanging with her...???

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rhismom41
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM
I think you've answered your own question. Leave her behind. You don't need people in your life like that. Especially if your husband doesn't want you to. Be respectful of his wishes if anything else. Plus it doesn't sound like you're thrilled about her either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM

User! You know her nothing because she invite you over to eat off her dime with no strings attached. Like if I fix you dinner, will you....?"

CullenLover
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM

blow it off your dh is right, we had a set of friends like that and we were ALWAYS helping them with whatever they needed and we always got excuses when we asked for help, she isnt worth it and she just wants to get another favor for something she should have done a long of time ago.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

If you don't want to be friends, don't.  Just politely decline and always be 'too busy' to talk.  :)

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)