Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should we bring this to the doctors Attion next visit???? (up date)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

My dh and I noticed that ds randomly flings/shakes his left hand/ arm all the time. only his left never his right should we be concerned about it ds is 5 moths old? he does it about 3-4 times at once then wait about 20-30 sec and do it again this goes on for like 45min to an hr or sometimes longer should we be concerned?

Ok we where at the doctor today as showed him the tape of cj.  Well we are having an eeg done in the morning at midnight  i have to wake my little boy up and try and keep him up till 8 when the test is they want him sleep depreved.(sp) The doc said it could be something it could be nothing we are doing this to make sure. Thank you to all the mama's that gave us the advice it realy help us out. I will post what happens when we get test resualts back

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piwife
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Yes I would. It could be a small seizure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM
i would not wait for the next visit i would make a appt now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM
Quoting piwife:

Yes I would. It could be a small seizure
Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM

is there anything else that we should be watching for? what else might we be missing?

mom2ljh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Its worth bringing up.  I don't knew whether you need to be concerned or not.  It could be about anything from a nervous habit, to tourettes, to some form of seizure or infantile spasms, and who knows what in between.  It may be nothing, it may be serious.  I don't know that I would lose sleep over it, but I would definitely address it.

piwife
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Seizures can be mild or severe. If u can get an app soon. Seizures can get worse over time.

Quoting Rhiannon1980:

is there anything else that we should be watching for? what else might we be missing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vangel34
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I would mention it at the next appointment. I used to worry about dd because she would constantly grind her teeth and gums, but the ped said that it was common for babies to develope a habitual tic. However, her shaking her hand may be a sign of some sort of seizure.

mommyto2girls94
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

dusky_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Yes, if its enough for you to ask this question then do. Go with your gut mama. I'd call the nurse to talk to her about it before then though.

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Thank you all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)