Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me :(

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a 3 year old daughter and an almost 1 year old (he will be 1 in 2 weeks.) anyways my 3 year old has such a bad attitude, I'm afraid my 1 year old will pick up this behavior. My daughter kicks screams throws fits etc when she doesn't get her way. She been potty trained for a while and lately shes been peeing and pooping in her underwear (only guess for this one is that she thinks since bubba does it she can)... When we told her to give bubba the ball back (since he had it first) she got mad and threw it at his head... When we send her to her room she throws stuff at the door and hits the door. Anyways, I've tried taking toys away,taking tv privilages away, taking her tv out of her room, time outs, making her stand in the cornor NOTHING is working! I need more ideas and fast before I go crazy! :(

I'm a stay at home mommy who uses tough love. I had my daughter at 34 weeks weighing 5 lbs 1 oz... My son was born at 35 weeks weighing 6 lbs 5 oz. I'm married to my highschool sweetheart.. Who happens to be a truck driver. I speak my mind... But all that matters is my kids are happy and healthy.... Thats what makes me a good mommy :)
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
seaturtle1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM

So sorry mom kids can be tough at times. I wish I knew what to tell you. You are doing all I would do except when she was in her room throwing things I would walk right in there and spank her butt and say you may not throw things at my door and walk out. Then do it again if need be. I wish I had a magic wand for you just be consistant nothing goes with out a punishment nothing. One time she gets away with something is one time to many. Good Luck

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Be consisant with punishments
Time outs
Remove toys from her room to earn back with good behavior!

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Quoting seaturtle1:

So sorry mom kids can be tough at times. I wish I knew what to tell you. You are doing all I would do except when she was in her room throwing things I would walk right in there and spank her butt and say you may not throw things at my door and walk out. Then do it again if need be. I wish I had a magic wand for you just be consistant nothing goes with out a punishment nothing. One time she gets away with something is one time to many. Good Luck

same here.. but i never send DD to her room.. she'd just forget she was in trouble and play..

she HATES timeout though.. if i were you i would get an uncomfortable chair and put it in the middle of the room where she can't touch anything and put her there for five minutes.. and add another three onto everytime she backtalks or screams.. 

my kids are the same amount apart.. cept she will be four next month and he will be two in december.. he does copy her behavior but they both get in trouble for copying eachothers bad behavior.. it may be something you'll just have to get used to..

but be consistant with a punishment that she hates.. and don't let her misbehave there. when i first started really enforcing time out with DD she would REFUSE to sit.. i had to hold her down the first few times.. so do what you must

and also reward her for being good, always praise her for it.. and she may be feeling jealous of her brother along with copying the fact that he poops and pees in his pants lol.. maybe she needs some mother daughter time?

ErikaM27
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

My ds who is 17 months picks up on my ds (5) behavior. They fight for toys, scratch, push etc. I just do time outs.

sparkles99901
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:22 AM

If your a parent that doesn't spank it can be that much harder if you take the time to be consistent and take her back to time out as many times as you need and the potty thing ya that's a baby brother look at me too thing so just put her in the bath each time she does it tell she stops

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)