Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School and vacations

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is in pre-k. We want to take a vacation to visit family back home during the holidays but DS's school schedule and the time that DH would have holiday stand-down overlaps. There would only be a few days we could visit and since it's an 8 hour drive, I don't think it's worth it for only a few days. My questions is, would it be wrong to keep my son out of school for a few days in order to go on this vacation? He is in pre-k so he doesn't get graded.

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife to Mike

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I would pull mine for it! But if they are like our pre-k then they probably follow the city's guidelines for attendance..

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM

No its not wrong.there are many things to be learned outside of school.

seth.ethan225
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I am taking my kindergartener out of school for a week Oct 1 to go to Cali for a week. you are the mom. I think it will be fine, there is so much to learn outside of school...

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Ask the teacher for extra credit things he can do while he is gone. Take him and have fun!

carinyosa99
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I would talk it over with the teacher.  I remember my DSS's school would let parents to take their kids out for longer periods if they got permission from the principal.  But your child is in pre-K so I don't get how that affects anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)