Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

i have a 4 year old and a 7 year old i wanted to know if it was normal for my 4 year old to talk only to his brother i mean only to his brother he can talk perfectly fine for his age but even when he doesn't feel well which is often he'll wake his brother up before he'll wake me up and i can't think of why could it just be that they are close or maybe because i am having another baby any advoce is welcome at this point twin boys

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I feel that his behavior is normal.  His brother probably never scolds, which is something a mom must do (not because he is sick but because she needs him to learn the rules during daytime hours) .  It is like the expression "big guns"-  before he disturbs the big guns (mom) he chooses the smplest solution- disturb his brother.  Don't criticize his doing this, it is what he likes to do, and I see no harm for him in doing this.  Another thought is that if he wakes his brother when he is sick, it delays the action that his mom must take- his temperature taken, questions, going to the doctor, medication. Waking his brother is simpler- not effective, just simpler.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Couldn't have said it better if I tried :-)

Quoting Bmat:

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I feel that his behavior is normal.  His brother probably never scolds, which is something a mom must do (not because he is sick but because she needs him to learn the rules during daytime hours) .  It is like the expression "big guns"-  before he disturbs the big guns (mom) he chooses the smplest solution- disturb his brother.  Don't criticize his doing this, it is what he likes to do, and I see no harm for him in doing this.  Another thought is that if he wakes his brother when he is sick, it delays the action that his mom must take- his temperature taken, questions, going to the doctor, medication. Waking his brother is simpler- not effective, just simpler.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM

He is probably very proud to have a big brother and finds him comforting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)