Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got fired, need help

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 47 Replies

I just got fired....like an hour ago. I worked at Domino's for almost 5 months. I went up to Domino's to get something to eat for dinner and the GM tells me that he has to talk to me....Ok w/e. So he tells me that inventory has been off the last few weeks and the store was not cleaned proporly on Sunday, the last night I worked. I said ok, I said Im sorry and I will do better on Thursday, the next day I worked. Well he said no, the Owner wants me gone. I said sooo when were u gonna tell me this, he said he was gonna stop by my house and talk to me 2morrow. I was like umm no, I go I have had NO warning, no slips, no nothing. He also asked me to sign something, I looked it over and was like, no. I told him hope he has fun signing my unemployment checks and walked out. Sooo my thing is, does anyone have any ideas on how to go about everything? I need to do something. I am a single mom and I have rent due on the 1st, no way of getting around it. What do I do???? If your gonna be rude, don't even bother, im not in the mood.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nameismommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

What was he trying to get you to sign.

mommasbabies77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM
You just have to call unemployment and they'll tell you what you have to do. Providing you worked there long enough to be able to get it. It takes a while and Dominos can dispute it and that can take even longer.

Regardless, good luck to you.

lillynbraedyn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Go to unemployment office or try and fine your states unemployment website. Since you got fired they are going to hold 4-8wks of unemployment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Quoting Nameismommy:

What was he trying to get you to sign.

Lol. Oldest trick in the book, sign a resignition. Smart move not signing op:)

Been there, done that

wkv2069
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Rnt u spose to get a warning?dont sign ne thing! Sounds fishy to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesmoore27028
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Most states you can file for unemployment the day you're fired or laid off. I know in NC there is a waiting period of a week and then they let you know if your initial claim is denied or accepted. In NC you can file your initial claim online.

mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Good luck. I don't think you can get unemployment until a year on the job. Besides if he came on to your property to fire you., it would of been better for you.

Document everything while its fresh in your head.

KailesMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Im trying to find it online. IDK what he was trying to get me to sign....I wasn't about to cuz everything I have read about things like that is so you don't get paid unemployment. Yes you are supposed to get warnings. Its bullshit.

itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

BUMP!

dlnimo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Depending on how long you were working there, unless you were hired on a probationary period, they need to at least give you a warning.  Call unemployment and they can help you.  The day I was let go as soon as I got home i called.  You'll probably have to wait a week to see if you are denied or not.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)