• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do with Hamburgers and Hotdogs?!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

Curious if anyone has any good ideas on what I can do with leftover hamburgers and hotdogs? Maybe even the buns? We had a cookout and LOTS of leftover....but i dont think I could eat another Hamburger or hotdog....and I could never just waste this food! HELP!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Break up the burgers and add them to sloppy joe mix. Chop up the hot dogs and add them to baked beans. Put some butter, garlic, and shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on the insides of the buns (after breaking them in half) bake and you have cheesy garlic bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystal626rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM

You can wrap the hot dogs in cresent rolls and serve with bbq sauce or kethup ( add cheese to make them better ) and ground up the hamburgers ( if not cooked ) to make tacos , american chop suey , chili. You can make bread crumbs out of the buns . Hope that helps !!!

jesmoore27028
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

My parents had a cookout and had tons of leftovers they didn't want to keep, they took them to the fire dept that was just up the road from them. If you don't want to keep the food I would suggest doing something like that if there is one close by.

mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I was thinking a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen.

cadlecr4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

chop up the burgers and make chili or hamburger helper   or tater tot casserole.  As for the hotdogs cut them up and put them in mac n cheese or  chili dogs... Freeze the buns and use them next time.

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Freeze them.  Freeze the burgers in individual layers.  You could also use the hamburgers to make chili.  I have frozen leftover hamburgers and hotdogs and my son takes them out when he wants a snack and microwaves them.

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM

You can freeze it all.  Freeze the burgers in however many you want to eat for a meal.  Just take them out that am and put them in the fridge and then heat them up. 

YOu can also freeze hotdogs and buns.

Katt709
by Katharine on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Crumble the hamburger patties and use it in spaghetti sauce or hamburger helper or whatever requires browned hamburger meat. 

As for the hotdogs - well those are hard. I got nothing there.

The buns - I like to make garlic bread with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)