Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids listening to music in bed?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
My 7 year old has been up and down out of bed for the last 30 minutes so dh told him he could listen to his mp3 player for 15 minutes. I'm not sure if I like this since it is already 45 minutes past his bedtime. My dh thinks it will help him settle down but when I walked by he was playing air guitar.
Anybody else let their kids do this and does it work or am I just being a tight ass?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillynbraedyn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM
I use to listen to classical music to fall asleep and that's what I put in dd's room it works wonders lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

He is probably not tired.  Let him stay up a little bit later. Take a warm bath, listen to music for 15 minutes then lights out.

shoegirl01
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

My son does :)  But, I think it keeps him up so I'm not much of a help for you...  But we always do it.  I make him a mix tape then we put him down and he listens to it as he goes to sleep... But lately he has been singing rather than sleeping.  I'm gonna have to switch it to classical.

robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM
I use to listen to my radio at bedtime but I didn't play air guitar...=) if my kids wanted to listen to music I would allow a radio on low but nit a mp3 player.
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM
I'd say if he's playing air guitar it may not be working. It works on some and not others. As a kid, I couldn't sleep without music playing. I'd put a cd in and set it for repeat. Kyra, my daughter, can sleep in silence, with music, with tv, she doesn't care. My sister will only watch/listen and never sleep. It may not work for your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoffive07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM
My kids watch tv until they fall a sleep or listen to music. Maybe you little one is just restless today. I would go back in a few minutes and have him turn it down lower and tell him he has to lay down and close his eyes and it might help him fall asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSR
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM
He normally goes to sleeo pretty easily. We have to get up at 6:45 am for school and his bedtime is 8:30 but he and dh were playing Battleship before bed so maybe he's a little wired. But I can promise there is no classical music on his mp3. lol. I had flashbacks of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when I saw his air guitar, lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhiskeyRiver
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I have a radio/cd playing in DS room that plays classical music to calm him down. It's his "pretty" lol  I wouldn't let him have something loud and upbeat at bedtime.

Kanne06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Our daughter listens to music on the iPod at night. It helps put her to sleep.

Meli55aG2001
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Both of my daughters have had CD players in their rooms since they came home.  They usually listen to a lullaby or classical music CD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)