• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I alone on this? EDIT IN RED

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM
  • 35 Replies

Dh and I didn't think I was going to ever get pregnant but in 09 we were both proved wrong. My baby boy is now 21 weeks. Dh and I have discussed and agreed that we would ttc next winter(not this upcoming but following). Anyhow, there is a part of me that isn't as excited as dh. I want more time with my son...it took years to have him. A new baby would need alot of my time and that time would be time I could be spending with Marc. I know I should try next winter considering how long it took me to get pregnant last time. I know I will love the next child if I do get pregnant but I feel that I won't be as happy being pregnant this time around. It's not that I don't want another baby. It's that I have my concerns too.

I'm not saying that I refuse to ttc next winter. I'm not saying that at all. These are just feelings and concerns. Maybe we will wait longer and maybe we will ttc as planned. I will be talking with dh on this matter.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethbeth
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Did you talk to your DH about how you feel?

mamacifuni
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM
I get u on this one. I told my husband that I want to wait until DD is in Kindergarten at least b4 having the next baby. I know he would prefer to do it a year or two sooner but I told him that it's my body and I'm the one who will be stuck taking care of both babies.
Lottie925
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

That's over a year away... and getting pregnant and being pregnant... another year. Don't pressure yourself and worry about what is not happening now. Who knows? You could have an oops and be pg in 3 months... or... you could try and not get pg for years or at all! I felt like you, and now that we are trying and on a year of trying... I wish we had tried earlier... but you can't change that. Enjoy your son now, and when you're ready to talk about it and move forward... then think about these things. We all love our kids and want to cherish them, and that is more then OK... it's great.

Monica208
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM

i think its normal to have concerns...  just think of how much marc fun will have being a big brother... also he can be your little helper and help out with the baby... you and marc can bond in a whole new way with this baby...  express your concerns to your hubby and he might be able to comfort you...

CafeMom Tickers
akb300
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM
IM THE SAME WAY WITH MY SON. IT TOOK US FIVE YEARS TO HAVE HIM AND I JUST WANT US TO HAVE AS MUCH TIME AS WE CAN WITH HIM. IM ACTUALLY GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY MOM THAT FEELS THIS WAY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyAngel003
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I was 8 years getting pregnant and had a miscarriage at the 4 yr mark in between. When I finally had my DD  I felt the same way we decide we wanted a 3rd CHD. I wanted to wait & give her the attention I felt she deserved and wouldn't get w/a new baby too soon. We waited and had a 3rd DD when she was 5 and it worked out really good for all of us. I never regreted waiting and they got along really well as sisters.  I don't think it has to do w/love but giving the baby you have the attention you feel it deserves as a baby, just as I felt.

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Bethbeth:

Did you talk to your DH about how you feel?

I've said things like I don't feel like I can love our next child as much but I know once he/she is here I will love them the same. It wasn't until yesterday when figured out why I was having these feelings. Dh comes home and I get to catch up on sleep. He is pretty tired. I am thinking of talking this over with him this weekend.

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Quoting mamacifuni:

I get u on this one. I told my husband that I want to wait until DD is in Kindergarten at least b4 having the next baby. I know he would prefer to do it a year or two sooner but I told him that it's my body and I'm the one who will be stuck taking care of both babies.

It is exhuasting....

A part of me would love to wait until ds is in kindergarten too but right now I am 31 and it took forever to have this one:(

Kim.Gage
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I totally understand where you are coming from.  When DS was born, I couldn't even think about having another child.  I wasn't sure I could love anyone as much as I love him.  DH and I talked about it and decided to wait until DS was 4 before ttc again.  DS will be 5 in January and we are expecting twins next week.  You'll get there.  I say enjoy the time you have alone with your child now, especially since he's still so little. 

alc030
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I went thry the exact same thing. DS is now 3.5yrs old and I'll be having my DD on Monday via c-section and I'm STILL scared I won't love her as much. I wasn't nearly as excited this pregnancy either. It's all completely normal. Once I see her little face and here that first cry, I know my heart will melt. Just keep communicating with your DH and who knows, you might be completely ready next year! Good luck! I know it's scary!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)