• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I SERIOUSLY need your advice!! (SORRY VERY LONG)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM
  • 22 Replies

Okay, so last week, I found out that my daughter's teachers aid (My daughter has ODD, ADD, and is cognitively delayed) is the same person who abused her in 4th and 5th grade.   Only she has a different last name.    So I met with the high school counselors because my daughter ended up having a panic attack (She had chest pains and couldn't breathe right after an encounter with this person).  I asked to have an IEP set up (She was homeschooled last year due to bullying problems in the middle school), to include a different teachers aid.  This was last Weds.   The school counselor said that she had to speak to the Director of pupil services and that someone would get back to me.  Well...?  NO ONE has gotten back to me.   

Then today, I find out AFTER school that my daughter was attacked by another student.   She had her hair grabbed, kicked in the back, head slammed to the ground and was dragged across the lawn of the high school.    She reported it to the principle along with her cousin and her cousin's friend.  The principle only said "We'll have to change your lunch hours."  Because that's when it happened.    

I called the police and reported the incident.  He said that he'd talk to the 16 year old. My daughter just turned 15 this month.   And left a police report for my daughter to fill out.   Two seconds after he got into his car, my daughter almost passed out.   She was dizzy and light headed.  So my best friends sister help me get her into the house.  Where afterwards she ran us to the ER. 

My daughter has a contusion and a slight concussion. I have to wake her ever 6 hours. 

NOW... what really makes me crazy angry is... 

I NEVER got a phone call from the high school about this attack on my daughter!!!!

I plan on filing a grievance with the high school to the district office.  And I am planning on going down to the high school tomorrow and DEMAND to know WHY I wasn't informed about this!?   

The police officer came back for my daughter's police report and saw the discharge instructions for my daughter, and said that the 16 year old would be getting a citation for battery since my daughter was injured enough to go to the ER. 

Honestly...  What would you do?!?!?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 PM
I would pull my kid out of that school and go talk to the principal, school board, and the news stations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I would go with the officer's name, discharge papers to the supertinent's office with a threat of a lawsuit.

I have a number of an attorney that deal with IEPs and special need kids. I will find it for you.

sixwasenough4me
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Quoting mommawombat:

I would go with the officer's name, discharge papers to the supertinent's office with a threat of a lawsuit.

I have a number of an attorney that deal with IEPs and special need kids. I will find it for you.

Thanks I appreciate it.  I'm from Wisconsin. 

Don't they have like 30 days from the start of school to get it done??

mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Yes, they do, Did you sign any papers ? This attorney is in Denver but I'm sure he can help you. I have one of this books.

CullenLover
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM

contact and NEWS station b/c we have been there ourselves, thats why we homeschool, my son was tortured in kindergarten  the principal , teachers and even superintendent did nothing and yet my son was being injured on a daily basis, from having cut up clothes and shoes down to being hit and punched, and even stomped on his back, we ahve since pulled him and he hasnt gone back b.c the principal resides over the intermediate and trys to group my son with the bully, and also get an order of protection that will force the school to do something,.

CullenLover
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM

oh let me add I was given the whole the parents of the bully throw alot of $ to the school so basically no one sees anyting,

mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM

The Legal Center for People with Disabilities and Older People.

The Legal Center -- Serving the State of Colorado

Denver Office: 455 Sherman St #130 -- Denver--Colorado -- 80203

(303) 722-0300 -- FAX: (303) 722-0720 -- 800-288-1376

www.thelegalcenter.org

sixwasenough4me
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Quoting mommawombat:

Yes, they do, Did you sign any papers ? This attorney is in Denver but I'm sure he can help you. I have one of this books.

Nope!    We had a short meeting with her case manager the day BEFORe school started, that was it!! 

sixwasenough4me
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Quoting mommawombat:

The Legal Center for People with Disabilities and Older People.

The Legal Center -- Serving the State of Colorado

Denver Office: 455 Sherman St #130 -- Denver--Colorado -- 80203

(303) 722-0300 -- FAX: (303) 722-0720 -- 800-288-1376

www.thelegalcenter.org

Thank you!!!!
ilovemy_bump
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM
do exactly what you are planning to do and take her out of that school!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)