• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DFS

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so tonight was crazy! i coach 8, 9, and 10 year old soccer. my team is doing great but little Allie has been an issue from day one. well her father has been! Allie is 8 and her dad drops her off for practice and is always at least 30 min late! ive comfronted him about it after every practice and it still happens. Allie is very quiet but thrives attention! well tonight all heck came down! practice was from 330-5 instead of 6-730. as i was packing up my gear i saw little Allie sitting on the bleachers crying! i asked her what was wrong and she said "coach it's only 5 and my dad doesnt leave the bar till 8!! wow talk about a slap in the face! thats why he always smelt of alcohol! the jerk is a drunk, single father! well tonight Allie's dad never showed!! we waited till 6 at the soccer complex and he didnt show. i called his cell phone many times and left many messages! finally by 630 i called my friend who is a DFS worker and she came to the field! this is the guys 3rd strike! Allie was balling her eyes out when she knew I called a DFS worker. The reason why was because she knew she would be put into foster care and she didn't want that!!! I talked to my friend and she said she would have to send Allie to a temp home for the night or until all the legal stuff went through! OMGosh I felt so sorry for Allie! SO I went downtown to the police station with Allie and my friend. I finally got cleared to keep Allie while all the legal stuff goes through!! OMGoodness I am so stressed!! I have an 8 year old little girl in my bed right now while I sleep on the couch!! She said she doesn't have a bed at home!! WoW i felt so bad!! Also, when  I cooked dinner she ate more than my husband eats!! I feel so bad for her!! I dont' know what to do. She is so sweet and innocent!!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SSCFan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Don't know what to say.  I'm in shock.  A single father more concerned with a drink than his daughter?  I say you did what you thought was the best (and I would probably have done the same thing)

you rock

Seans_mommy123
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM

It's really sad but that little girl needs someone to look out for her, which apparently her dad wasn't doing. You did the right thing by calling. Who knows maybe this could be a potential wake up call for him...Maybe not. But you still made the right decision.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

It's really sad but that little girl needs someone to look out for her, which apparently her dad wasn't doing. You did the right thing by calling. Who knows maybe this could be a potential wake up call for him...Maybe not. But you still made the right decision.

Exactly and bless your heart for getting involved.  so many people would not.

luvplay
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM
At least she had an angel (you) looking out for her and willing to take her in even though it's not easy for you! BRAVO! I hope that she finds stability in her life and is able to get a better life than her father provided her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Wow! That poor little girl! **hugs** to you for taking her in. 

MommyHurt
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM

OMG she is lucky to have come across someone with such a big heart!! It is hard for her but KNOW that you are doing the right thing!

karischub
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Bless you for rescuing that little one...

mommawombat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

You were sent to this little girl's life for a reason to change it into a better one for the precious little angel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)