Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what happens if you eat poop? help please!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM
  • 41 Replies

My almost 3 year old is potty trained but today he had a accident and pooped his underwear. I guess a little piece that i didnt see fell out cause my 10 month old daughter was eating it. i got some out but i think she swallowed the rest. What will happen to her?

by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Gross. I have no idea.

starrynight819
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM
i would call the pediatrician
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlkWingedAngel
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM
I have no idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Eww! She may or may not get sick. Depends on her overall health, your 3 year old's health and whether he's sick or not, how much poop the baby ate. I'd just call the doctor and ask them.

SinfulBliss
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I think she'll be just fine. Kids put really weird things in their mouths and poop is one of them, sometimes.
To help out, I googled it and found a forum somewhere that a mother asked this same question and MANY replied back that thier own had done the same and all the kids involved were just fine- here is the link if you'd like it.

thickmamaof2
by Member on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM

She doesnt have one. We just moved to a different state. The nurses wont give advice over the phone. And I had to take her to the er yesturday for a ear infection. I cant afford to go again today. I havent found a job yet. Thankyou though!!!

Quoting starrynight819:

i would call the pediatrician

manamott
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Ugh gross!!!!

Sorry mama, I have no idea. Bump

SinfulBliss
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Found another site-

Are there people who eat poop?

People who eat poop    Yes, we all have, at one point or another. One of the main ways that diseases and parasites spread is through the consumption of food and water contaminated with feces. This happens because people don't wash their hands carefully after pooping or changing a diaper or scratching their butt. It can also happen through careless disposal of diapers. Our microbiologist here on Guam says that one dirty diaper in Tumon Bay can send the bacteria count through the ceiling.
    But of course, what you want to know is, are there people who eat poop on purpose? Again, the answer is yes. Some autistic children practice coprophagy, the ingestion of feces. Coprophagy is also listed as an unusual sexual practice in the encyclopedia of that name.
    I have known only one person who ate poop on purpose, and she only did it once, when she was about four years old. She says she was curious about what it tasted like. When asked what poop does taste like, she replies, "About like you'd expect."
    By the way, for all of you who are wondering, the author of this page does NOT eat poop.

Can you get sick from eating poop?

(Question submitted by Wendell)

Yes, you can definitely get sick from eating poop, even in minute quantities! Although urine emerges sterile from the body (unless the person has an infection), poop emerges loaded with bacteria and sometimes other life forms. Many diseases, including food poisoning, cholera and typhus, are spread by fecal contamination. Many parasites, such as the notorious tapeworm, can be spread through deliberate or accidental ingestion of poop.
    There are some parasites, such as pinworms, who depend on people eating their own poop to keep the population up. Pinworms are small nematodes that live in the colon. The females emerge from the anus at night to lay their eggs. Their activity makes the anal area itch. The person scratches the itch (often doing so in his sleep), procuring a small amount of fecal matter and eggs under his fingernails, and then puts his fingers in his mouth. Once the eggs are consumed, the person is infected with a new generation of pinworms.
   I have read that almost everyone has pinworms. Luckily, pinworms don't do much harm. You only notice them if you have a lot of pinworms! If you want to find out if you do indeed have them, get someone to gently touch around your anal area with Scotch tape while you are sleeping. The worms will stick to the tape and you'll be able to see them.

thickmamaof2
by Member on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Thankyou! This helped out alot.

Quoting SinfulBliss:

I think she'll be just fine. Kids put really weird things in their mouths and poop is one of them, sometimes.
To help out, I googled it and found a forum somewhere that a mother asked this same question and MANY replied back that thier own had done the same and all the kids involved were just fine- here is the link if you'd like it.

SinfulBliss
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Another one- this obviously happens A LOT and the kids are fine.

Q: Eating poop

My daughter just turned 2 years old. I'm trying to potty train her but sometimes she takes her diaper when she goes poop to change it. On this incidence she took it off and let it in the floor. Her sister which is 9 1/2 months ate some of it. My question is what do I need to do when this happens and will it make her sick?

Anonymous • 1093 views • Asked over 1 year ago • 9 answers

A: My little sister once got into one of her dirty nappies and some of the contents. She was fine, though it would depend on the amount consumed. Consulting a doctor would be your best bet though
damologist • over 1 year Ago

A: it wont hurt her...wont taste good either...lol my nephew when he was little did the same thing...he came out with this discusted yuck face and said his mouth was icky and he had poop on his hands and around his mouth...he said he thought it was chocolate...lol poor kid...never did it again that I know of, but he was a bit older than 9 months, but it didnt hurt him.
puglover • over 1 year Ago

A: Yeah, I don't think a child would eat enough to cause any problems, they would most likely spit it out straight away. Unless they had some f**ked up tastebuds... lol.
damologist • over 1 year Ago

A: wow I thought my grand daughter eating cat food was bad, I've seen lots of kids eat poo and they are just fine, probably not real sanitary but I don't think it will hurt them too much, I suggest trying a closer watch until shes potty broke Hang in there you have your hands full with two little ones
linda_marie • over 1 year Ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)