Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my 2 year old son has a lump in the right side of his neck

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

I was hugging my 2 year old today and discovered that there is about a marble size lump in the right side of his neck>>>so, naturally i am freaking out!! does anyone elses child have this..it doesnt seem to hurt him and it moves around inside his neck when you touch it..

by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allsolittle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Has he been sick? My neighbors 3 year old had a very inflamed node on his neck. It grew and grew. Got it removed and it was begnign. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmommy0f3
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Sometimes you can get these lumps with a sinus infection.  I would probably call the doctors office and ask any way.

Spawn_Love
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:07 PM

My daughter had one too on the back of her neck, it was just a swollen lymph node and didn't bother her at all. It was gone after about a month. Still though, take him to the doctor to be sure it's not serious. More than likely, it's not.

noel1979

my daughter gets them , took her to the dr and they are just cyst. i get alot of cysts myself. he just said to watch it and if it gets bigger let him know

K.A.R.T.S

it's probably a lymph node

Luv_my_hubby
by Member on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Don't freak out...just call and make a appt with the Dr. My middle DS had that and it ended up being nothing major . He had cat scratch fever and the infection had settled in his lymph nodes in his neck..don't laugh I know it's a Ted Nyugent song but yes it is a real infection. They did some testing and found out it was not anything bad.  Good luck mom. 

starfilled
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:12 PM

It could be a swollen lymph node.  I would take him to the doc to be sure.

25beengoodtome
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Call his Doctor. It could possibly be a lymph node swelling , but it will be best to have your doctor aware of this lump & have him/her check it out. One of my sons had a  lump appear on his neck occasionally. His doctor said it was simply a swollen lymph node, not to worry . There was no fever, no pains. 

3totsinabox
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM
My son has one. I bring it up at every appt. They check it but I am reassured it is nothing. If he has or had a cold it gets bigger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM

My dd would get that.  The dr. told me it was a swollen lymph node.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)