Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

free baby stuff a scam?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I get emails from planningfamily.com and I get a LOT of offers for free stuff, or stuff that is free up to a certain amount... all i have to pay is shipping... one website theyre offering a free baby sling (sevenslings.com) and I was wondering if anyone thought this could be a scam... I've gotten offers from them for other websites also... what do yall think? has anyone heard anything about all of this?

by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommyof2grls06
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM

The sevenslings one isn't a scam. I know a lot of people on here have gotten one. I haven't, but I don't like those types of slings, I prefer ring slings since they're one size and adjustable. 

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM
I ordered it and got one "free". Shipping is so much tho that they make a profit still lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I've never heard of them, but I always say trust your gut.

melisawoosley
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I get loads of emails from them and have always wondered the same thing

starfilled
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I got a ton of free stuff on sites like that when I was pregnant.  I still get free stuff on sites like www.freesampledeals.com and www.itsalwaysfreeonline.com (they're not baby related, but still send me free samples).  I have gotten to try a lot of different hair products without having to buy them in stores for $5-$6 a bottle and I still get to try them out!  I'm always on the hunt for free or nearly free stuff!  I say go for it!

Dimps25
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM

DO NOT DO THE SEVENSLINGS ONE! I know some people haven't had issues with them but I am part of another Mother community and a lady was just scammed out over $4000 from them! If you'd like the link to that info just send me a private message and I'll send it to you b/c IDK if I'm allowed to post it on here?

lil_mom2010
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM

The sevenslings.com is REAL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)