Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice from caucasian women

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:04 AM
  • 141 Replies

I am African-American and so is my husband and his entire family except his little sister who was adopted when she was young. She is now 16 and she lives with us because their mom passed away so we took her in. She is caucasian and I don't kow if it is normal or not but she "sheds". Her hair is everywhere!!! It's like everywhere i turn in my house her hair is there. In my bed, in the sink, in the fridge, in my food, on the couch, I even went out of town (she didn't come with me) and her hair was in my suitcase. I don't know if this is normal or not because I have always lived with african-americans and im really good at keeping our hair healthy so I have never had this problem.

What I want to know is, is there a sort of product I can have her use on her hair that will make it stronger? She used to use herbal essences, now she uses tresseme (sp?). If anyone knows something I can get for her hair please let me know.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shawna510
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Its pretty normal, I shed like crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:07 AM
its normal it doesn't mean her hair is unhealthy, the average white person losses 100-200 hairs a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM
If it's been a while since she got a hair cut/trim, take her to get one. It should help. I have long hair and if I tie it up and go too long without getting it cut, that happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofdavid

lol we lose hair like crazy its completely normal and theres really nothing you can do her hair is probibly already healthy its just a normal everyday thing

AudrasMommy

LOL It's normal.  I clog the drain with all the hair I lose.  Our hair is all over this house.

Katie_Leigh

Same here. my hair is long and thick and it ends up EVERYWHERE. I'm also constantly cleaning my brushes to make them hair free lol

Kim.Gage

I shed constantly too. 

elly25
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM

When I'm stressed out I lose a lot of hair.

Robin_Ayla

I clog my drains girl... LOL

BabyDollMama
This. And even after the haircut, she will still shed. It's very normal.

Quoting jillbailey26:

If it's been a while since she got a hair cut/trim, take her to get one. It should help. I have long hair and if I tie it up and go too long without getting it cut, that happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)