Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Cell Phones ? Whats the name ?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
I know some of you have had a discussion on here about children having cell phones && then a couple of you were talking about a phone that was like emergency only & it can have like 3 numbers for parent/gaurdians & stuff..

What are those called ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ceci1118
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:07 AM
I know there were some called the firefly a while ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM

I think that Disiney has a line of cell phones for this purpose. Not exactly sure. I do not even own a cell. But I am sure I seen a commercial about them not to long ago. Good Luck finding what you need.

vwd_johnson
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM
Thank you !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aamommy2011
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:22 AM

theres the jitterbug

Ceci1118
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:23 AM
They have them again? We got one for SD but it didn't last long because they discontinued it.

Quoting heidi749:

I think that Disiney has a line of cell phones for this purpose. Not exactly sure. I do not even own a cell. But I am sure I seen a commercial about them not to long ago. Good Luck finding what you need.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I am not to sure. I was sure I seen the commercial not long ago. Maybe they do not have them anymore. I am not all that knowledgable, when it comes to cell stuff. 

Quoting Ceci1118:

They have them again? We got one for SD but it didn't last long because they discontinued it.

Quoting heidi749:

momtoabackc
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:15 AM

They discontinued the jitterbug. (verizon).  The firefly is available (AT&T) online only.  

However, both carriers (and probably others) have a feature that you can get for $5 a month that limits any cell phone.  You can get a basic phone and add this feature and make it so that phone can only make or receive calls from certain numbers (up to 5), during certain hours, etc.  

You can also add a gps tracking feature for like $10 a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)