Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plan b

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone ever used plan b morning after pill before? And if so how effective is it? Does it have to be taken immediately after sex or within 72hrs hrs after sex? Need info. And thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
artsygirl2010
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

As far as I know you're supposed to take it as soon as you have unprotected sex because the longer you wait, the less effective it is. I think anyway, but it would just make sense since it's a mega dose of birth control that will stop your baby from implanting. If you don't take it pretty quick the baby will implant anyway and even if you do take it quick, the baby could still implant. It's not completely effective. 

cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM

BUMP!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

If you have the box there, read the instructions, it should tell you everything.

I have some but have never taken it. GL.

Osstie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I have taken it a few times. You're supposed to take it as soon as possible after sex. You can take it up to 72 hours after, but the longer you go, the less effective it will be. Every time I have used it I didn't end up pregnant.

ffpm10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM
You should go talk to the pharmacist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artsygirl2010
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM

thank you ladies :)

Ktbugsmom22
by on Feb. 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM
I'm about to buy it today lol.....did it work for you?
rjsmommy214
by Member on Feb. 27, 2011 at 8:30 AM

its best to take it within 24 hours after unprotected sex. im not sure how effective. you can find all the info on the plan b website. ive taken it once before and i didnt experience any of the side effects.

Laylas_mami28
by on Feb. 27, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I've took the morning after pill and yes for me it was effective. and you take it 72 hours after having unprotected sex!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)