Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM
  • 1 Replies

So we ran out of oil last night and it was too late for any company to come, we called a few and the earliest apt we could get as this am at 9am. so after we get oil my DH always has to bleed the system bc we get "sludge" in the bottom. its been cold here in the 30's but it remained 56-60 overnight and today in my house, we just wore sweaters and stuff and my kids were in school all day so my 4 year old sons after school teacher comes at 330pm i was going to cancel her bc of the heat but my DH said not to bc its not that cold in here. So, she comes out of my sons room and says all at once "why is there no heat? im concerened about your son and you guys how long will this go on for? your son is freezing he needs another sweater, its freezing in here!" my son had two sweaters on and a pair of heavy  pants and he was fine, so i told her that my dh would be home soon to fix the problem and explained to her the problem and she just kinda said uh huh and grabbed her jacket and found my son another one on the couch and went back into the room. Im pregnant and hormonal but really couldnt she of just asked what was going on before she said she was "concerned" for the kids lol bc its like she was saying i couldnt afford heat or something and im damn sure she wouldnt of paid my heat bill if i couldnt anyways...I hate oil burners....I guess its her job to ask...what if I was one of those heat concious ppl who kept their heat on 60 all the time and didnt blast it? lol..bc it wasnt freezing in here!!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momof3angela
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Did you finally get the oil delivered?  We do oil heat as well.  I make my DH check it every 2 weeks just in case.  Especially with this cold weather.  Hope you are warm and cozy now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)