Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"we have to wean him sometime"

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM
  • 29 Replies

my son always gets a cuppy of water to take to bed with him he drinks it and falls asleep but DH said tonight he wasnt getting one that he needed to be weaned off it but hes up there crying i tried soothing him and he just screamed in my ear "my 'uppy my 'uppy!" its breaking my heart he's 1 and will be 2 in march i cant stand it :( do you think DH is right? is it time to wean him?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2milesboys
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

onefootcutiepie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I let my kids always have a cup of water by their bed. Now that they are not babies, they just get normal cups. There's no reason not to, in my opinion.

Mama2BabyTaurus
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:21 PM

If ti is water than that is perfectly okay, as long as it is nothing with sugars in it. My dentist told me this. Brush their teeth before bed and if they do take something to drink the bed make sure it is just water, anything else will cause the bacteria to form.

imapepper
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

We weaned our son from taking a cup to bed a little after 2.  We were starting potty training and taking the cup away was the only way he wouldn't we the bed at night.

aamommy2011
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:25 PM

my brother has a thermos of water that he takes to bed with him, and he's 5. its like you taking water to bed. sometimes you wake up in the middle ofthe night and you want something to drink

piwife
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM
No, my dd is 3 and still gets a cup of water before bed. Ds turns 2 in march and gets a sippy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momontherun2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

He is still so little, if your not potty training I say let him have it.

beckygeiger
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I let my daughter have a cup of water until it interfered with potty training, she was drinking too much and wetting the bed, now we limit drinks after 6. but if he is only 1 I would let him have water

heybooboo
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM

our youngest 2 are 3 and almost 5 and they still get a cup of water at bedtime.  Sometimes the 3 yo will wake up in the middle of the night and drink from his water.  Our 10 yo DD also keeps water by her bed. 

Ihatelaundry
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM
I see your hubbys concern but i think it would be better to move it aside til he is two. Now could be the time you start talking about not having his sippy once he two. This may be a good comprimise (sp) between taking it away and letting him have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)