Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Howd you lose the baby weight?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
Its been 4 months since lil mans been born. I lost 30lbs of fluid the first few days.... bc i got 7 bags of i.v fluid 2 days before I had him due to dehydration. But i havent lost any fat....but also haven't gained. Which is good I guess.

So whatd u do to lose the baby weight? How much did u lose? How long did it take for the skin to go back? Howd you get the motivation to do it? I'm all flabby n feel gross. My hubby says he doesnt care... but I dont believe him. Lol.

Any advice?

EDIT • And please dont comment that you JUST breastfed, bc that doesn't help me. Well that isn't n option for me. Breastfeeding didnt work out. I wasnt producing enough n I have flat nipples. I tried a lactation consultant, nipple shields, pump...nothing worked. N he ended up in the hospital w severe dehydration. His body was shutting down. He was severely jaundiced. His billirubin levels were at 18% n once it goes above 20% it attacks his brain. He could have had developmental issues, brain damage, blindness, and mental retardation. He stayed until it got below 10%....luckily hes OK. So yah..... I wish I could

Isaiah Hunter Moreno  Born 8/10/10  8lbs 11oz  20 3/4in
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKuhn
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM
I'm still working on it 15 months later :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fluffball80
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Eating healthy and watching how much calories I ate.  I also exercise five days a week for 45 minutes to an hour during one of dd's naps.  It took me over a year to really lose all the weight and get tone.   Just remember that it takes 9 months to put on the weight and it will probably take at least 9 months to lose it.  Set little goals for yourself like I want to lose 5 pounds in a month and then reward yourself.  I find that way is easier than if you look at the big goal all at once.

hellenak
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Thanx! I don't know how to get the motivtion. Ugh not in the mood now bc I have MRSA n meds making me sick. But after its done I wanna try. What exercises did u do? What type of food did u eat?
fluffball80
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Quoting hellenak:

Thanx! I don't know how to get the motivtion. Ugh not in the mood now bc I have MRSA n meds making me sick. But after its done I wanna try. What exercises did u do? What type of food did u eat?

I had to force myself to excerise most days.  I bought some videos that I did at home.  Once dd was on a regular nap time I used one nap for cleaning and the other for exercising.  Mostly I ate a lot of salads for lunch or egg salad sandwiches.  We didn't have soda in the house and when we went out I only drank water.  I watched what I ate when we went out and took half of what I ordered home which was lunch the next day.  It helps when we go out to look at the calories in what I want to order before hand and plan the rest of the meals accordingly so I don't go over my calories for the day.  I also allow for one day a week that I don't count calories and use that as a reward for being good the rest of the week.

hellenak
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Thanx
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I drank MORE WATER. Stopped drinking calories- soda, fancy coffees, yes, STOPPED. I changed everything about the way my family eats. EVERYTHING. I eat many small meals a day.

I work out, almost every day. I started back then by walking/ jogging with my double stroller. Then I did home videos- CHEAP- now do P90X.

I have taken my time and am completed satisfied with the results. I will continue to work at this until I no longer can. GL. :)

saraface5383
by Sara on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Eat healthy, portion control is key!, replace all drinks with water and excersize when possible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellenak
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Yah I deff need to drink more water
FreeSpriT4eva
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Sorri I still have my baby fat @ 2 yrs..its seems harder since I had my c-sect back in May 08...I lost 35lbs in the first 6wks an bam it just stopped..but I have lost 15lbs..in the last 1yr..I'm now doin the child size portions,more water,no juices,or sodas,an yoga on Mon,Wed,Fri..Tues&Thurs I dance to music in my house...Sat I do kickboxing DVD..
I was wondering what Billirubin is I never heard of it can someone tell me what it is..

Quoting hellenak:

Its been 4 months since lil mans been born. I lost 30lbs of fluid the first few days.... bc i got 7 bags of i.v fluid 2 days before I had him due to dehydration. But i havent lost any fat....but also haven't gained. Which is good I guess.

So whatd u do to lose the baby weight? How much did u lose? How long did it take for the skin to go back? Howd you get the motivation to do it? I'm all flabby n feel gross. My hubby says he doesnt care... but I dont believe him. Lol.

Any advice?

EDIT • And please dont comment that you JUST breastfed, bc that doesn't help me. Well that isn't n option for me. Breastfeeding didnt work out. I wasnt producing enough n I have flat nipples. I tried a lactation consultant, nipple shields, pump...nothing worked. N he ended up in the hospital w severe dehydration. His body was shutting down. He was severely jaundiced. His billirubin levels were at 18% n once it goes above 20% it attacks his brain. He could have had developmental issues, brain damage, blindness, and mental retardation. He stayed until it got below 10%....luckily hes OK. So yah..... I wish I could

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellenak
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:50 PM
A common condition in newborns, jaundice refers to the yellow color of the skin and whites of the eyes caused by excess bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is produced by the norma breakdown of red blood cells. Normally, bilirubin passes through the liver and is excreted as bile through the intestines. Jaundice occurs when bilirubin builds up faster than a newborn's liver can break it down and pass it from the body.

Reasons for this includes:

Newborns make more bilirubin than adults do since they have more turnover of red blood cells.

A newborn baby's still-developing liver may not yet be able to remove adequate bilirubin from the blood

Too large an amount of bilirubin is reabsorbed from the intestines before the baby gets rid of it in the stool

High levels of bilirubin — usually above 25 mg — can cause deafness, cerebral palsy, or other forms of brain damage in some babies. In less common cases, jaundice may indicate the presence of another condition, such as an infection or a thyroid problem. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that all infants should be examined for jaundice within a few days of birth

Types of Jaundice The most common types of jaundice:

Physiological (normal) jaundice: occurring in most newborns, this mild jaundice is due to the immaturity of the baby's liver, which leads to a slow processing of bilirubin. It generally appears at 2 to 4 days of age and disappears by 1 to 2 weeks of age. premature babies since they are even less ready to excrete bilirubin effectively. Jaundice in premature babies needs to be treated at a lower bilirubin level than in full term babies in order to avoid complications.

Breastfeeding jaundice: jaundice can occur when a breastfeeding baby is not getting enough breast milk because of difficulty with breastfeeding or because the mother's milk isn’t in yet. This is not caused by a problem with the breast milk itself but by the baby not getting enough to drink.

HE HAD BREASTFEEDING JAUNDICE
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)