Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talkative Family Members

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

What do you do when you have talkative family members that come over and go on and on and on? Have you ever been in the situation where someone just starts talking and doens't stop talking for the longest time. They just keep babbling on about something that has to do with someone else and drama drama drama... and it's not at all interesting... and you have things to do, and you are trying to get homework done... just keep talking and talking and talking and complaining.....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I live with one...he's my husband, lol. 

ElmosWorld13
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Lol oh god u just described my dh n inlaws! I dont make eye contact they say its a sign ur not interested in convo! Doesnt always work i usually xcuse myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

My Mil is like that. The worst part is that she will interrupt someone els'es conversation and just keep talking. A lot of it is repetitive too. As long as it's about her and she's the one doing the talking  it's a very fascinating subject. 

If I string more then 2 words together she'll look around me and make no eye contact and then just wander away...

darkwhisper
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

i have a family member who likes to call at odd hours of the day, then call everyone else in your family to track you down then sit there and breath half the time...cause she's too out of it to understand a word coming out of your mouth, then you can't understand her she's so wasted...i don't talk to her anymore, but she still tries. i usually end up hanging up on her.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM

My guy and almost all the males in his family are this way.  They can talk on phone for hours rehashing things about 30 years ago or more that happened.   I am perceived as a witch sometimes but we have a child we have somewhat a routine with so a 5 hr phone call cuts into family time.

happeemomee3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I just was reading a book about relationships and communication -- they had a term for that-- masterbation of the mouth-- they just talk to hear themselves talk.

bmswifey
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Get up and get ready to leave or start doing your homework.

hilesmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I was doing my homework while she went on and on. I even created this post while she was still sitting there talking about the latest drama that is happening with her daughters. I just am not one to gossip. I am really not interested in other people's lives... And she doesn't leave me any room to say anything back... and really.. I have NOTHING to say... I just want her to stop talking. Whenever she is around, all she does is talk. I value silence.... wish we could just sit in the same room without her opening and spewing out of her mouth. I sound so mean, don't I?

squidsmommy
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM

My 4 year old is a non stop talker. Thankfully she doesn't cause drama, but she does just go on and on about nothing. I grin and nod. Every now and again I throw in an, "oh yeah?"

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Quoting jabs54:

I live with one...he's my husband, lol. 

OMG, same here!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)