Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby! :(

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
I put her in her bed at 9. She stayed awake for a bit and played. Well of of a suden she started screaming. I wasn't a hurt cry, or her regular one, but something different that was pretty alarming. So I run in there and she had a bucket around her head, (those plastic ones) the strap was around her neck (it was loose to she could breath) and the bucket part was in front of her. Well she was freaking out. I tried to get it off, but everytime I tried she would freak out and scream even more. I finaly had to call my mom into the house to help me. I had her hold her arms down so she wouldn't try to pull at it. I was finaly able to get it off, but my little girl was so freaked out ans tramatized, she wouldn't stop crying. I set down on the couch with her and cuddled for about 5 mins before she stopped crying. She was clinging to me for dear life. It was so sad.

I think I'm going to throw that toy away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 3:04 AM

How scary!

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Wow!  How in the world did she get a bucket? (totally not bashing btw, just curious)

Amazing what kids get stuck in isn't it?  I thought I was going to have to call the fire department once when the little girl I used to watch got her leg stuck in the climbing structure at the park!  Took me like 20 minutes to get it out!

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

bmswifey
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 4:07 AM

How did she get a bucket in her bed?

graciepaige
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM
It was one of those fake plastic kid toys. It was in in her toy box.

Quoting bmswifey:

How did she get a bucket in her bed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Aww, poor baby! You can let her throw the mean bucket away  :-)

Kids seem to get stuck in the oddest things don't they? I remember when my brother was two, I lifted him up into my doll's high chair and was feeding him.  :-)   He screamed, turned out it was cutting into his legs. Dad had to cut him out of it!

It's scary now, but you'll be laughing about it later  :-)  Just another good story to tell the future boyfriends who come visiting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)