Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My New Years Eve is gonna suck! =-( UPDATED

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:03 PM
  • 20 Replies
I
am so upset that I am gonna have a sad New Years.   My DH is sick with
a bad infection from his vasectomy.  And before he got sick my mom was
watching the
kids for the night so we could go to the party New Years Eve. 
Well,
Jeff
doesn't feel well enough for the party now.  And now my mom got all
this stuff to
have the girls & they are super excited for their sleep over. We
were going out to dinner with gift cards with got for Christmas, But
now every place is booked solid!  All our "friends" our busy. Guess I
an gonna be spending tomorrow night bored, no kids with laid up hubby!
=-(

I am so mad at myself that I set up having my kids go to my moms. I would
be way happier being here with the girls! I do not want to start my new
year at home without my kids if we are not going out.  I am so bummed.
It is fitting I guess
though. Everything
pretty much sucks right now. Jeff is being laid off the 1st week in
Jan, I still have no disability, just found out Molly is severely
allergic to dogs which is why her asthma is so bad and we r gonna have
to get rid of our dog which  is gonna devastate the girls. We have no real true
couple friends anymore, And a whole lot of other crap goin on too!  Yup,
so fitting to be having our new year starting out sucking!

Whah,
Whah, Whah!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry for the whining!  I am just so bummed!  New
Years Eve pitty Party for me I guess! Anyoe elses New Years Eve gonna
suck??

So, DH is feeling a lot better this evening. We found out Another one of our friends was having a party that was closer to us. So we are going there for an hour, hour and a half max. I am so excited!!! Oh, and we were able to order take out for one of the places we had a gift card for. I got the lobster special and Dh got their prime rib special and we still have $10 on the card. it was cheaper and nicer than going too. Anyway thanks for all the jugs and listening my whining yesterday. I am so lucky it worked out in the end!

Have a wonderful New Years Eve all my CM friends!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Wow! So sorry it'll be bad. But just remember, it's just one day. Just a date on the calender.
My husband has to work, it'll probably be around 1-2am when he finally gets home. Kyra will be sleeping by 9pm, he usual fall asleep time when there's no school. So it'll just be me tomorrow night and my CM buddies who are also staying home :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreaminmom
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM

this is going to be my first one without my kiddos and SO and i are just going to his folks to play board games then go to his place and sleep in... wow, boring. i won't get kisses from my kids, and odds are we will have to leave early if his mom gets a headache (bipolar with flash migraines and a bad attitude) and his TV went out last week so no netflix at his place for a while.
Blargh, i'm with ya sweety. Let's have a massive pity party instead! Ice cream, wine, chocolate and lots of carbs!!!!

Bennett121
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Once again I will be home while my dh is out with friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Wow, your poor husband.  That is so rare, at least I've never heard of any complications.  I hope you make a great night of your time together with no kids.  Sounds like a treat if you ask me.

momof2little1s
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Quoting daydreaminmom:

this is going to be my first one without my kiddos and SO and i are just going to his folks to play board games then go to his place and sleep in... wow, boring. i won't get kisses from my kids, and odds are we will have to leave early if his mom gets a headache (bipolar with flash migraines and a bad attitude) and his TV went out last week so no netflix at his place for a while.Blargh, i'm with ya sweety. Let's have a massive pity party instead! Ice cream, wine, chocolate and lots of carbs!!!!

I like the way you think! LOL! I will go get a bunch of goodies, ice cream, and wine and then post on here I used my food stamps for it and then it WILL NOT be boring. I will have an awesome drama fest to watch here! LOL

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

luvmybaby
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:22 PM

We were supposed to go to a friends house, they have a party every year for the kids and all, but I am down with the flu. I am finally starting to feel better tonight-I am eating now for the first time in 2 days, but a friend of ours that is going though Chemo will be there so I won't chance going. We were going to have friends come over, but he is sick too, so it looks like DH and I will be hanging out at home with the girls. I am thinking of making a nice dinner that we never have and enjoying the night with us. It is the first New Years in a long time that Dh hasn't had to work overnight.

Sorry your won't have a good night. Just remember it is only a date on the calendar. Try to make the best of it. Make a delish dinner, buy some wine and you and Dh bring in the New Year together!

momof2little1s
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Quoting okhsmom:

Wow, your poor husband.  That is so rare, at least I've never heard of any complications.  I hope you make a great night of your time together with no kids.  Sounds like a treat if you ask me.

yeah suck! He had it 3 months ago. And his left side has felt weird since it was done. but, no doc would listen. Then Monday his left side swelled up and we ended up in the ER. and he has a severe infection in it that has probably been there since the surgery.

I like the idea of hanging out with DH, but he is zoned out on percoset and it will be the same as any night. my girls go to bed at 7:30 and our out for the night, so if we are just hanging out at him it is no different then any other night. Oh, well just silly timing.

Momof3Ts061011
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:26 PM
spend the night at your moms with your girls!! have a lil girls night with pedis and manis & have fun! make the best of it regardless!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreaminmom
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Quoting momof2little1s:

yeah suck! He had it 3 months ago. And his left side has felt weird since it was done. but, no doc would listen. Then Monday his left side swelled up and we ended up in the ER. and he has a severe infection in it that has probably been there since the surgery.

I like the idea of hanging out with DH, but he is zoned out on percoset and it will be the same as any night. my girls go to bed at 7:30 and our out for the night, so if we are just hanging out at him it is no different then any other night. Oh, well just silly timing.

lol, i wouldn't be able to resist the opportunity and would paint his toenails and pluck/wax his eyebrows and chest. my man's such a baby about pain so it would be the only time i could w/o him whining! lol. i am a lil bit evil.

3greatkids751
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM

hugsso sorry mama.. Shoot I'm not doing anything either I'm going to bed lol.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN