Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Toddler won't grow hair on back of head

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
I just noticed my 2 year old has no hair or little hair on the back half of her head. She has a nice head of head everywhere else.I don't know if this is something I should be concerns about or not. She sleeps on her belly so I know that it's
Not from head rubbing in her sleep. The baldness starts a little above the top of her ears and down. she has some right behind her ears but that's it. I'm not sure what could cause this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM

The only condition I know that causes hair loss is alopecia but I dont know anything about it or if it even happens in toddlers ever or not and I THINK that is more like they get hair and then it keeps falling out? Not sure...

In any case, I would just point it out at her next dr. appt that she happens to have for whatever other reason and ask the dr. if its a concern or not.

I remember being worried when my youngest baby was 1 and still didnt have any teeth and was just starting to teeth but they said no worries its fine. : D

good luck

Yvonne

earthangel1967
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Is that her in the avatar photo? If so she is gorgeous! : D

Yvonne

brandy.emily
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM

If she has any hair back there at all, even fuzz, trim it with scissors or take her to a hair dresser and have them do it.  When I was a baby, i was bald until I was 4.  All I had was wispy little hair around my hairline.  My mom took me to the hairdresser and had what was able to be trimmed, trimmed and it all started growing...I was SO not a cute baby lol.

camy41075
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Don't worry momma it is normal....my dd did not get hair back there until she was amost 3 my neice has hardly any hair in the back.

LKeller
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Here is a picture there's parts that have some hair and parts that are bald
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKeller
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:41 PM
I'm only a little worried since the rest of her hair goes to her shoulders
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKeller
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Yes that was her before she became a handful lol. Thank you!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Is that her in the avatar photo? If so she is gorgeous! : D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Samantha has just the opposite issue. Her hair is finally coming in the back, but still hardly any in front. At her two year appt. We asked her pediatrician, and he said she should have a full set of hair by the time she is 3.
CafeMom Tickers
amieb201
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Hi. I have been looking online for information about my daughter's hairline and came across this post. My daughter has a full head of curly hair but it stops right on the back of her head. It is almost a perfect line where the hair stops. There is some hair below but it is short and just like fine fuzz. Should I be concerned about this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN