Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR BELLYBUTTON!!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
I say this at least 10 times a day to my 18 mo old DD. It's gotten to the point where she has actually broken the skin! We covered it with a bandaid for over a week, and she stopped for a couple days after we removed it but she started back up. If I had the money, I would just go out and replace all of her shirts with onesies. This is more of a vent than anything. So vent over :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRoberts626
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM

My DD uses her belly button as a comfort thing. She rubs her belly button when she goes to sleep! Thankfully though she has never rubbed it raw!

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 7, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Hm. This is a new one for me.  I'd suggest keeping it well covered for a long enough time for her to find something else to use as a comfort object. Bandaids would irritate her skin in time, I'd think, and I don't know if you could use like a wrap all around her waist - she could surely take that off. 

Hisservent
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I have a 13 month old daycare child that plays with hers when she's upset. If she's not wearing a onesie, she lifts her shirt and pulls on the skin or sticks her fingers in it. She makes it really red sometimes. I've told her mom about it but mom just says she's been doing that ever since she found out she had one. lol

Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin,  schedule stickin to, organic servin and eatin, as Green as I can get, SAHM of 2 and in~home childcare provider.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Hisservent
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I suppose she'll eventually leave it alone if it hurts, right?

abra
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:10 PM
awww, poor kiddo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddo0820
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM
I say the same thing all the time to my 24 year old dh...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Hey, i'm 32 and i still play with mine lol i don't know why. I poke it, pull it and rub it. I think i do it more when i am bored.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Hisservent:

I have a 13 month old daycare child that plays with hers when she's upset. If she's not wearing a onesie, she lifts her shirt and pulls on the skin or sticks her fingers in it. She makes it really red sometimes. I've told her mom about it but mom just says she's been doing that ever since she found out she had one. lol

One of my kids' belly button was his "lovey" too. Its like thumbsucking or a paci or needing to touch a blankie. 

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM

My son had a terrycloth stuffed dog that he "worked on" he eventually pulled out every little terry thread and left the dog a piece of cotton. 

Quoting okhsmom:

Quoting Hisservent:

One of my kids' belly button was his "lovey" too. Its like thumbsucking or a paci or needing to touch a blankie. 

youngmami07
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM

i dont have this prob, instead i my ds (3) picks his nose till it bleeds. i dont know what to do to make him stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured